Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

I'm thrilled that Jackson is looking better than he did earlier in the season. It is extremely important that he turns into a good player especially after the large amount of players that the Orioles have traded in favor of him. Can Jackson be as good of a player as Westburg is what I want to know? Jordan Westburg is going to be an excellent player for the Orioles.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I like him in the 9 hole for now.  Lots of speed in front of Cowser and probably Gunnar soon as he heats up.  Cowser 2nd, Santander 3rd?

I like Jackson in 2 hole eventually. He can exploit the bole between first and second plus he has speed not to be doubled up. Cowser, Jackson, Gunnar, Santander, Ohearn would be pretty formidable first 5.

19 minutes ago, LockUpTheGunner said:

I'm thrilled that Jackson is looking better than he did earlier in the season. It is extremely important that he turns into a good player especially after the large amount of players that the Orioles have traded in favor of him. Can Jackson be as good of a player as Westburg is what I want to know? Jordan Westburg is going to be an excellent player for the Orioles.

Jackson Holliday is 4/5 years younger than Westburg and already in the big leagues. I don’t see the logic in the comparison. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

The umps are certainly trying their hardest to keep him down. 

The Holliday family has a long running feud with MLB umpires it seems.

Matt Holliday's 45-game on-base streak ends with ejection

ST. LOUIS -- Matt Holliday of the St. Louis Cardinals was ejected for arguing a called third strike in the seventh inning Tuesday night, ending his National League-record 45-game streak of reaching base safely to start the season.

Plate umpire Joe West also tossed manager Mike Matheny, who had gone out to aid Holliday's cause, in the Cardinals' 1-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.

Holliday tossed after arguing strike call

ST. LOUIS -- Matt Holliday threw down his bat in disgust in the seventh inning of Tuesday's series opener against the Red Sox, a 3-2 Cardinals win, and an ejection from home-plate umpire Mark Ripperger quickly followed.

After the Cardinals had evened the score at 2, Holliday batted with the potential go-ahead run on second and two outs. He took called strikes on the first and third pitches of the at-bat, both of them sitting on the lower outside corner.

Following the third strike, in a similar location, Holliday slammed down the bat and began yelling at Ripperger, who quickly tossed him.

11 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Jackson Holliday is 4/5 years younger than Westburg and already in the big leagues. I don’t see the logic in the comparison. 

I like Westburg, but you are correct Jackson is two years out of high school and hitting against MLB pitching. His ceiling is way higher that Westburg's as a prospect. Whether Holliday becomes a great player or not is another thing, but he has the potential.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

52 minutes ago, interloper said:

The umps are certainly trying their hardest to keep him down. 

He was getting comically jobbed his first callup too.  Don't get me wrong he still looked awful but some of the called strikes were in another zip code.

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 1