First 30 game win/lose prediction after todays moves and moves after?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

To me it's saying "Winning will always take a back seat to money."

Hate to say it but you are 100% correct. 

That is why some owners in sports are better than others.  They already have enough money.  Winning is more important.

7 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Again I don't think it is all about what any one player can do statistically.

For example Ohtani or Trout.  I think it has more to do with overall team chemistry and excitement. 

Would this team feel better about knowing they have a  potential rookie of the year and perennial All Star on their team OD?  Or Ramon Urias.

Mental psyche makes a huge difference in sports.  It is at least half the battle.  And IMO the O's just screwed the pooch with these moves in that regard.  If this was a team that was just expected to be 'ok' this year and maybe get a chance at the playoffs?  OK.  I get this move.

But this is a team that is a World Series favorite.  Every win is crucial both in the standings and the teams mental psyche to win it all.

And these moves SCREAM "lets wait another year" to me.

It's posts like this that inspire me to want to upgrade to Plus membership so I can react with the confused stink eye faced emoji. 

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

It's posts like this that inspire me to want to upgrade to Plus membership so I can react with the confused stink eye faced emoji. 

Rather than trolling.  Why not give an actual factual reason for your belief?

Ohtani and Trout both played for a team last year that was terrible. 

Baseball is not like the NFL where a QB can make a huge difference. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Taking it one step further,  hockey and baseball are perhaps the ONLY major sports where momo and vibes can lead a team to a championship.

The NFL and the NBA?  Talent wins out.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Fair enough... While I agree that team chemistry is important, I think you are under-stating & underestimating what type of clubhouse personality that players such as Urias or Mateo may have on team chemistry and vastly overstating what impact a rookie (who is trying to carve out his own place in that clubhouse) have on team chemistry. You don't know what impact those guys (Urias, etc.) have on clubhouse chemistry. It could be very big behind the scenes and alot of the other players might like them.

The Orioles are not signaling any forfeiting of 2024. If that were true they never would have bothered to trade for Corbin Burnes to have him only 1 season. You're just attaching your perception of winning to a 20 year old prospect, which is a big error to make.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Fair enough... While I agree that team chemistry is important, I think you are under-stating & underestimating what type of clubhouse personality that players such as Urias or Mateo may have on team chemistry and vastly overstating what impact a rookie (who is trying to carve out his own place in that clubhouse) have on team chemistry. You don't know what impact those guys (Urias, etc.) have on clubhouse chemistry. It could be very big behind the scenes and alot of the other players might like them.

The Orioles are not signaling any forfeiting of 2024. If that were true they never would have bothered to trade for Corbin Burnes to have him only 1 season. You're just attaching your perception of winning to a 20 year old prospect, which is a big error to make.

TY for the actual factual response.

I agree that Mateo should be on the team starting from OD.  In fact I have a post a couple days ago saying that.

I do not agree that having players on the OD roster that the team as a whole know are not as good as the players who were sent down is a non issue.

Having been on many sports teams throughout my life that is one thing I can say with certainty.    It is bad mojo. Bad vibes. Bad karma.  Whatever you want to call it.

But the players KNOW.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Duckpin?

Seems pretty low for ten pin. Surprised you even finished 3rd with that.

LOL.

235 average scratch.  Normal 10 pin bowling.  Sports shot oil conditions.  In fact it was the  Earl Anthony pattern.

But you do you.  Keep on hating.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL.

235 average scratch.  Normal 10 pin bowling.  Sports shot oil conditions.  In fact it was the  Earl Anthony pattern.

But you do you.  Keep on hating.

I love shooting oil.