Right Handed DH vs Lefties

If we have to use Adley at catcher:

McAnn? Westburg? Urias? Mountcastle? (put Westburg/Urias at 1B?) 

It's a good question.  We have too many lefties.  We also have too much "dead wood"- Mateo, Urias, Kemp (why on earth is he on the team?) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warehouse said:

ZIPS 2024 OPS projections vs. LHP suggest Mateo. We don’t have great options here.

Mateo - .693

McCann - .685

O’Hearn - .676

Kemp - .676

Cowser - .675

Good lord this is awful....   

I know my strategy facing the Orioles- throw as many lefties as I can...   This is terrible.  Can we use Santander at DH and stick someone in the outfield?  Or did he not hit lefties well last year?

1 minute ago, DocJJ said:

If we have to use Adley at catcher:

McAnn? Westburg? Urias? Mountcastle? (put Westburg/Urias at 1B?) 

It's a good question.  We have too many lefties.  We also have too much "dead wood"- Mateo, Urias, Kemp (why on earth is he on the team?) 

I assume Westburg, Urias, and Mountcastle are givens in any lineup vs LHP.  Sure, you can put Mountcastle at DH and Westburg or Urias at 1B, but that just means Mateo or Kemp are effectively replacing O’Hearn in the lineup. 

12 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Who's our best option, if Adley is catching?

We don't have one. Our best options are most likely at AAA. But for now it's likely going to be an undesirable choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I think you’ll see occasions that Mateo, Urias, and Westburg are all 3 in the lineup vs a lefty and one of them is DH.

I hope they give Cowser some chances vs lefties as well, moving Santander to DH in those games. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nevin until he’s not here. Then after that the lefties should even out and it will be the standard Adley at DH, with McCann C. 

If you turn out to be right about this, I’ll meet you at a concession stand and buy you a beer if you’re at Opening Day. I still don’t see it happening but I respect the commitment to the idea!