What Will The McKenna Move Be? DFA or Trade?

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The McKenna hate from this fan base really boggles my mind and this is from someone who always felt his prospect status was overrated.

I would much rather have him on the team vs Nevin or Kemp.

Yep, he's a cromulent 4th outfielder.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The McKenna hate from this fan base really boggles my mind and this is from someone who always felt his prospect status was overrated.

He dropped a fly ball, and my life hasn't been the same since.  🙂

Just kidding, for the record, I love how he plays the game and his passion, but I think we have more talented guys now and not much room for them.  And, "liking" how he plays the game is different - in my mind - than thinking he's talented enough to last a long time at the major league level.  I will also add that he's probably a fantastic teammate, and I've never seen him sulk for not playing.  He knows/knew his role, and was professional about it.  

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

He dropped a fly ball, and my life hasn't been the same since.  🙂

Just kidding, for the record, I love how he plays the game and his passion, but I think we have more talented guys now and not much room for them.  And, "liking" how he plays the game is different - in my mind - than thinking he's talented enough to last a long time at the major league level.  I will also add that he's probably a fantastic teammate, and I've never seen him sulk for not playing.  He knows/knew his role, and was professional about it.  

And PS - also for the record, I was one who actually DEFENDED his drop as something that just happens, and said in a thread a couple of weeks ago that all of us who has ever played baseball has dropped a ball we know we should have caught, and would catch the next 99 times.  Like you SG, it was sad to see how he was crucified on here for that.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, if he catches the ball, we win 102 games instead of 101 and we likely beat the Rangers then.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sanity Check said:

And PS - also for the record, I was one who actually DEFENDED his drop as something that just happens, and said in a thread a couple of weeks ago that all of us who has ever played baseball has dropped a ball we know we should have caught, and would catch the next 99 times.  Like you SG, it was sad to see how he was crucified on here for that.

All of us aren't pro baseball players though.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I hope McKenna finds playing time on another team. He's an MLB level player. A good backup outfielder to have. He's been an asset for the Orioles, but outfield will be just way too crowded going forward. For his sake, I hope he can find a role on another team.

Edited by dzorange

23 minutes ago, oriole said:

DFA and goes to Norfolk. I can’t imagine why a team would claim him. I can’t imagine why the O’s have even kept him this long.

Because that one time a long time ago when he hit .377 for the Keys

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If he were to clear waivers and go to Norfolk, would he be the first call when Mullins goes to the IL?

I hope not. In today's game the outfield starters all need to be able to hit. A player like McKenna, if he has a role, should be there mostly for late inning defense. I would be inclined to bring up Stowers or Kjerstad with Hays or Cowser shifting to center. 

• Upvote 1