What Will The McKenna Move Be? DFA or Trade?

9 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

In what world is it better to have Tony Kemp vs. Ryan McKenna

Kemp OPS+ for the last 3 years 126, 90, 76 Hit .209 in ~ 400 AB's

McKenna OPS+ for the last 3 years 56, 83, 91 Hit  .254 in only ~130 AB's

I'd rather have McKenna to back up Mullins, than Kemp to back up Westburg/Urias

I think the numbers in your post pretty much explain it......McKenna's a career 74 OPS+ Even in Kemps worst year he hasn't stooped that low.  He had a great camp and looks to be the better and more versatile player.  No brainer, really.  

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think the numbers in your post pretty much explain it......McKenna's a career 74 OPS+ Even in Kemps worst year he hasn't stooped that low.  He had a great camp and looks to be the better and more versatile player.  No brainer, really.  

Really, so our backup to our most fragile position player (Mullins) is Colton Cowser, but we have a really bad 2B to back up our young stud infielders + Mateo. Anyone can see that we have too many IF'ers and nothing backing up CF. This will not go well.

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Really, so our backup to our most fragile position player (Mullins) is Colton Cowser, but we have a really bad 2B to back up our young stud infielders + Mateo. Anyone can see that we have too many IF'ers and nothing backing up CF. This will not go well.

You'd prefer McKenna over Cowser?  Odd. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

Did anyone ever obtain a worthwhile explanation for Kemp?

I just can’t understand it.

LHH veteran versatility.  He get's on base.  Imagine they think they can get closer to the 2021 version.

I don't think anyone understands it or likes it.  

I'm continued to be wrong about what the org with do with roster moves, but I imagine he will only be here 3-4 weeks. 

If they paid 8MM to Frazier for a whole season worth of similar production, 1MM would be about 3-4 weeks.  

15 minutes ago, Philip said:

That's the best part of the Mike Elias genius, moves so good you can't figure them out. Dude is playing chess when the rest of us are playing Old Maid.

15 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

You'd prefer McKenna over Cowser?  Odd. 

I'd prefer a glove first OF'er to backup often dinged up  Mullins and Hays, than another IF'er to backup nothing. We don't need another middle IF'er on the roster, we don't even need another LH bat, Kemp is wrong answser for any possible role, and his hitting has been trending significantly down for 3 plus years. 

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

e don't even need another LH bat, Kemp is wrong answser for any possible role, and his hitting has been trending significantly down for 3 plus years. 

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Elias draft pick in 2013 w/ Houston.........

Sad but true

Really, none of McKenna, Kemp or Nevin should be on the team.  Everyone talks about the last roster spot, but it really should be Urias and Mateo battling for said spot, with their 'higher' spots being filled by 'those in AAA that shall not be named'.  When we argue about 'who cares who the last spot is taken by', that thought isn't wrong, but it neglects to state who is fighting for that spot is different if the kids were actually up here, as they should be.  🙂  

49 minutes ago, Philip said:

I saw some thoughts on the thread.  The mileage on "worthwhile" may vary though.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Really, none of McKenna, Kemp or Nevin should be on the team.  Everyone talks about the last roster spot, but it really should be Urias and Mateo battling for said spot, with their 'higher' spots being filled by 'those in AAA that shall not be named'.  When we argue about 'who cares who the last spot is taken by', that thought isn't wrong, but it neglects to state who is fighting for that spot is different if the kids were actually up here, as they should be.  🙂  

I agree. I'm not that upset about Holliday starting in AAA, simply because he hasn't played there alot. I would have probably given the spot to Mayo.