What Will The McKenna Move Be? DFA or Trade?

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

@Sports Guy about Twitter: " Son, we live in a world that has "X", and that "X" needs to be perused by men like me. Who's gonna do it? You? You, @RZNJ? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for @Can_of_corn, and you curse people like me. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that @Can_of_corn's desire to not get on "X", while tragic, probably saved you a ton of problems; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves you time.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in "X" -- you need me in "X".

We use words like "ass munch," "jerkoff," "idiot." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very information that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you go to your keyboard and get on "X" yourself. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about me being on "X"!

Tony ordered the Code Red.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

@Sports Guy about Twitter: " Son, we live in a world that has "X", and that "X" needs to be perused by men like me. Who's gonna do it? You? You, @RZNJ? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for @Can_of_corn, and you curse people like me. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that @Can_of_corn's desire to not get on "X", while tragic, probably saved you a ton of problems; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves you time.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in "X" -- you need me in "X".

We use words like "ass munch," "jerkoff," "idiot." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very information that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you go to your keyboard and get on "X" yourself. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about me being on "X"!

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

lmaoooooo that's exactly it!!!

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah man... people just get sucked way too far into it. It's really sad.

There's a huge world out there that's way more invigorating than likes. I'm gonna do my best to keep my boys away from it as much as possible. 

I had a Twitter account this winter for about a month. I just found that it pissed me off more than anything else. I don't need that noise.

Dude, you need those likes for the dopamine hits and to feel important! I don't do social media, my wife has Facebook and you'd think everyone is living a perfect life and it's all bull****. The way people talk to one another on twitter, they would never dare to do in person. The whole thing is gross.

• Upvote 4

I'm always amazed by the extreme lengths the O's/Elias will go to keep very marginal talent in the system.  Meanwhile other teams don't blink cutting players owed 30, 40 million or more.  Godspeed to McKenna.  He never became more than a pinch runner/5th OF. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I will continue to predict that he's traded for cash or PTBNL, to some outfield starved team with no good CF options. McKenna is still young, decently fast, can play all 3 outfield positions well enough, and has occasional pop against LHP. That's a fairly attractive package when you put it all together, at least enough to be traded for cash. 

If the O's players and staff get enough money for a pizza party, I'll say the O's got the better end of the deal.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

You also aren’t on Twitter and see some of the bs on there.

Virginia Tech's best basketball player is in the transfer portal.   

He is a very good point guard who didn't have the greatest season this year.   We were missing some weapons so he had to take more on himself to try to drive to the basket and score more rather than distribute and make the extra pass.   His turnover rate went up significantly.   He was still probably the best player on the team.

Naturally, there was significant criticism of his play on social media, as you would expect with a guy whose performance drops from one year to the next.   On the message board I spend time on, which is well moderated and reasonable like OH, the harshest critics said things like they won't be sorry if he leaves, we should start preparing for the future by playing the freshman PG more and benching him, and constantly pointing out the negatives in his game (the turnovers, trying to do too much on his own).   Some of it was a bit negative and in some cases over the top, but that was the WORST of it.

However on Twitter, apparently, he received at least one death threat.   And people in the know cite that as one of the significant reasons he has decided to transfer.

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Virginia Tech's best basketball player is in the transfer portal.   

He is a very good point guard who didn't have the greatest season this year.   We were missing some weapons so he had to take more on himself to try to drive to the basket and score more rather than distribute and make the extra pass.   His turnover rate went up significantly.   He was still probably the best player on the team.

Naturally, there was significant criticism of his play on social media, as you would expect with a guy whose performance drops from one year to the next.   On the message board I spend time on, which is well moderated and reasonable like OH, the harshest critics said things like they won't be sorry if he leaves, we should start preparing for the future by playing the freshman PG more and benching him, and constantly pointing out the negatives in his game (the turnovers, trying to do too much on his own).   Some of it was a bit negative and in some cases over the top, but that was the WORST of it.

However on Twitter, apparently, he received at least one death threat.   And people in the know cite that as one of the significant reasons he has decided to transfer.

Rodney Rice?  He committed to UMD. Let’s go Terps. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Hyde just can't bring himself to tell McKenna.

Or Elias is desperately trying to get a bag of balls for him. Still?

I imagine Elias is not super thrilled having to do all this ownership nonsense right before first pitch. Not anyone's fault really since the vote happened when it happened, but yeah.