What Will The McKenna Move Be? DFA or Trade?

I hope if he clears waivers, if possible, the O's offer to grant him his release as an option so he and his agent can attempt to find a team where he can play at AAA and potentially work his way back. I don't see that as viable here. I believe he deserves that. He's been a good teammate. I wish him well.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If he were to clear waivers and go to Norfolk, would he be the first call when Mullins goes to the IL?

Probably not because they have to then put him back on the 40 man roster. And we know how they treat 40 man spots like an exclusive club for the elite. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The McKenna hate from this fan base really boggles my mind and this is from someone who always felt his prospect status was overrated.

I would much rather have him on the team vs Nevin or Kemp.

I’m not into using the word “hate” to describe fans who don’t think a player is very good.   However, count me in the group who thinks McKenna would fit our current roster better than Kemp or Nevin.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Probably not because they have to then put him back on the 40 man roster. And we know how they treat 40 man spots like an exclusive club for the elite. 

Good point. In that case there is no reason for him to be there.

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

All of us aren't pro baseball players though.  

Doesn't matter, we're all human.  And most of us are not perfect.  I think that was my point, regardless of the fact he gets paid to catch those.

DFA -- 100%

I doubt a team will claim him and then I guess it's just up to him to decide if he wants to take a minor league assignment. 

Personally, I think he's getting pushed lower and lower down the OF depth chart with our younger players moving up, he would honestly be better off with another club.

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not into using the word “hate” to describe fans who don’t think a player is very good.   However, count me in the group who thinks McKenna would fit our current roster better than Kemp or Nevin.  

Totally agree with this.   I don't understand why Nevin is even in the discussion.

1 hour ago, Warehouse said:

I think 65/35 he makes it through.  I can’t see Oakland claiming him and optioning Esteury Ruiz.  

That would be my guess as well. I don't get what they see in Tony Kemp, but it's only a temporary spot on the team. There are too many prospects that are on the cusp of making and will get their chance this season to play.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s the worst invention ever imo. 

Yeah man... people just get sucked way too far into it. It's really sad.

There's a huge world out there that's way more invigorating than likes. I'm gonna do my best to keep my boys away from it as much as possible. 

I had a Twitter account this winter for about a month. I just found that it pissed me off more than anything else. I don't need that noise.