2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ugh, the stupid City Connect jerseys tonight.  Almost always losing home games in those.

And it's Apple screws over fans day again. We lost bad the last time Apple highjacked the game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

City connect jerseys, Apple broadcast, can we get Melanie on PBP too?

The good news is with the city connects the game probably won’t be worth watching. 

45 minutes ago, Conway12 said:

This would have been a good day to sacrifice some defense at first to play O'Hearn there and DH Kjerstad. Instead you just know Kjerstad is going to have to come off the bench as PH for Mateo against a tough reliever late in the game. Tough, tough road for Heston.

10 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The good news is with the city connects the game probably won’t be worth watching. 

Very visually appealing game other than the jerseys with terrible audio (broadcast team) as the O's get beat like they stole something.

4 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

This would have been a good day to sacrifice some defense at first to play O'Hearn there and DH Kjerstad. Instead you just know Kjerstad is going to have to come off the bench as PH for Mateo against a tough reliever late in the game. Tough, tough road for Heston.

Not surprised to see Heston on the bench after an off day. Looking ahead though, 8 of the 9 scheduled SPs on the homestand are righties. Could be a chance for him to get some more run.

32 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

City connect jerseys, Apple broadcast, can we get Melanie on PBP too?

Melanie did PBP for Apple in 2022 (the dreadful all-women's broadcast) but they dropped her the following year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Am I reading the thread correctly that there is no game on MASN tonight?

If that's the case then I won't be watching any baseball tonight.

Yeah, I’m heading to the bar tonight to watch. Really obnoxious 

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Am I reading the thread correctly that there is no game on MASN tonight?

If that's the case then I won't be watching any baseball tonight.

You can sign up for Apple TV.  Just don't forget to cancel it like I did.  I was going to order it again for tonight's game as I was sure I had cancelled it, and my subscription was still working.

27 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Agreed.  It's not really fair to put a rookie in that situation where he sits for multiple games in a row then has to come in cold and pinch hit against other teams' nasty relievers.  That's a tough ask even for veterans, but much more so for a rookie who still hasn't gotten acclimated to major league pitching.  

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

You can sign up for Apple TV.  Just don't forget to cancel it like I did.  I was going to order it again for tonight's game as I was sure I had cancelled it, and my subscription was still working.

I already did this for the last Apple TV game so I've expended my trial for this year.  No baseball for me tonight.

Thanks for the info, my fellow Orioles Hangout members.