2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, I think people are sadly mistaken if they think teams are calling about Kyle Stowers or that someone would hand him a starting job if he was a FA tomorrow.

Right, I don't understand the perceived slight that he's a potential everyday player and is being blocked, if other teams saw him as the O's fans here do, he would be playing every day somewhere.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, I think people are sadly mistaken if they think teams are calling about Kyle Stowers or that someone would hand him a starting job if he was a FA tomorrow.

I think a team like the White Sox might very well pick him up and throw him into the lineup.  Maybe the Marlins?

22 minutes ago, Malike said:

He'd have been gone over the off-season if he had any value by himself.

I completely agree but there are teams where he could be on the roster, earn a MLB salary and collect service time. 

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

I completely agree but there are teams where he could be on the roster, earn a MLB salary and collect service time. 

I'm sure they've been shopping him for the better part of the past two seasons. Sometimes the issue is you (Stowers) not them (Teams looking for MLB players).

Edited by Malike

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm sure they've been shopping him for the better part of the past two seasons. Sometimes the issue is you (Stowers) not them (Teams looking for MLB players).

I'm not convinced they've been shopping him. Elias loves his prospect depth. And I've been pretty bearish on Stowers throughout but there's little doubt in my mind he'd have more big league time by this point if he were on just about any other club. 

Just now, glenn__davis said:

I'm not convinced they've been shopping him. Elias loves his prospect depth. And I've been pretty bearish on Stowers throughout but there's little doubt in my mind he'd have more big league time by this point if he were on just about any other club. 

If MIL would have taken Stowers over Ortiz, Ortiz would still be here, in my opinion. 26 year olds with .800 OPS's at AAA aren't highly valued.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think a team like the White Sox might very well pick him up and throw him into the lineup.  Maybe the Marlins?

Ok.  Should we release Stowers and give him that chance?

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

If MIL would have taken Stowers over Ortiz, Ortiz would still be here, in my opinion. 26 year olds with .800 OPS's at AAA aren't highly valued.

I'm aware. I'm not a noob. I'm not expecting some great return for him.  He's like the 3rd or 4th player in a trade. I'm saying he likely sees little opportunity here and is likely hoping for a crack somewhere else. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say that.  I just think that if he was a FA, he'd have a good chance at getting a shot at playing everyday.

Ok.  With the worst team in baseball.  Probably a fair number of AAAA type outfielders the WS would give a chance to if they hit the waiver wire.

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm aware. I'm not a noob. I'm not expecting some great return for him.  He's like the 3rd or 4th player in a trade. I'm saying he likely sees little opportunity here and is likely hoping for a crack somewhere else. 

I think we all wish he had enough value outside of a 3rd or 4th piece of a trade.  I'd love for him to play daily somewhere, we'll see who settles for him at the deadline.

Edited by Malike

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Interesting quote there. I wonder if something is in the works. Stowers makes perfect sense as an asset to exchange for pitching.

Reading way too much into that. He's just acknowledging that it's possible he could be traded which we all know.