2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mayo at first.  Jimenez playing is one thing..batting him 5th is crazy although it’s not like what’s below him is lighting it up 

Mullins over Cowser against a lefty seems like a mistake.  It's an awful lineup but I also don't have a ton of other tweaks to improve it with our current roster. 

God these lineups are so depressing lately. Jimenez and Rivera at 5-6 and you can't even really complain about it given the alternatives.  Sad state of affairs. At least Mayo is at first instead of O'hearn v a lefty I suppose.  We need him to start hitting the way he's capable.  Well, we need SOMEONE to start hitting - at this point who cares who it is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Mullins over Cowser against a lefty seems like a mistake.  It's an awful lineup but I also don't have a ton of other tweaks to improve it with our current roster. 

You can't make the wrong choice when both choices are awful.  Ced has certainly shown more with the bat lately than Cowser, lefty or otherwise.  I don't know why you think that's a mistake.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

You can't make the wrong choice when both choices are awful.  Ced has certainly shown more with the bat lately than Cowser, lefty or otherwise.  I don't know why you think that's a mistake.

.493 OPS against LHP this year, .658 for Cowser.  Yeah maybe not a mistake but can't say I have any confidence in Mullins' ability to hit a tough lefty, not that I have much for Cowser right now either so I guess it really doesn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

.493 OPS against LHP this year, .658 for Cowser.  Yeah maybe not a mistake but can't say I have any confidence in Mullins' ability to hit a tough lefty, not that I have much for Cowser right now either so I guess it really doesn't matter. 

Yeah I don't have confidence in either of them, that was the only point I was making.  All bad options means no bad choices.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Mac said:

Cowser had a pretty good game for once Sunday so maybe they want him to build on that instead of having to face a tough lefty and going 0-3 with 2 strikeouts and getting back in his head.