2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well I’ve done that and if you look at pitch no. 87 of the June 11 game last year and compare it to pitch no. 13 of the April 11 game this year, you’ll clearly see that Adley’s framing of pitches on the high outside corner has slipped by 6.1% this season.  

I can’t imagine the man hours that must have taken.  Great work and get back to me when you check on the other quadrants of the strike zone.  Thank you for your research.  Well done.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well I’ve done that and if you look at pitch no. 87 of the June 11 game last year and compare it to pitch no. 13 of the April 11 game this year, you’ll clearly see that Adley’s framing of pitches on the high outside corner has slipped by 6.1% this season.  

The defense rests its case.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm not sure I'd have ever believed it, but you'd have had a better time presenting information to El Gordo in his prime than you do right now.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think RZNJ has ever tried to tangle with Frobby.

Nope.  I disagree with him sometimes but he never says whacky stuff.   He’s also able to admit when he’s wrong (which is seldom).  You wouldn’t understand.

Frobby made my all-time favorite poster list when he said all of your posts fit into several categories and listed them. Classic!  LOL

Edited by RZNJ

1 hour ago, Malike said:

It's early but McCann was in the 48th percentile in 2023 framing, he's in the 22nd percentile this season.

Interesting that 3 games of data was pretty “meaningless” when I brought up Hollidays +2 OAA but 6 games means enough to back up your opinion on McCann.

image.thumb.png.ff976ab29458a67be8fe0adfb29f0f42.png

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think RZNJ has ever tried to tangle with Frobby.

I agree with RZNJ a high percentage of the time.  I also agree with you a high percentage of the time.   Is that even possible?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Nice try, McCann caught on June 11th!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL202306110.shtml

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Interesting that 3 games of data was pretty “meaningless” when I brought up Hollidays +2 OAA but 6 games means enough to back up your opinion on McCann.

image.thumb.png.ff976ab29458a67be8fe0adfb29f0f42.png

Interesting that you get targeted Vagasil ads

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Interesting that you get targeted Vagasil ads

Funny.  The 3 automatic outs in the lineup went 4-11 with 3 runs scored, 2 RBI and one walk.  Your perfect prognostication record remains intact.  🙂

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

I expect Hays to play today.

My guess:

Henderson - SS
Adley - C
O'Hearn - DH
Santander - RF
Mounty - 1B
Mullins - CF
Westburg - 3B
Hays - LF
Holliday - 2B

No Cowser vs RHP? with an off day tomorrow.... IMO either its Hays or Santander in RF today.

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

I expect Hays to play today.

My guess:

Henderson - SS
Adley - C
O'Hearn - DH
Santander - RF
Mounty - 1B
Mullins - CF
Westburg - 3B
Hays - LF
Holliday - 2B

Is that just a hunch? Or is Cowser banged up? Something else? ... Because as the expression goes, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Plus Lopez is a righty.

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Is that just a hunch? Or is Cowser banged up? Something else? ... Because as the expression goes, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Plus Lopez is a righty.

I'd obviously just start Cowser, but trying to think like Hyde here. Couple of reasons: I don't think Hyde wants to sit Hays for too long in a stretch of RHP. I still think he wants to play him roughly 25% of the time to try and get him on track. There's an off day tomorrow, so I think he'll feel like he needs to get him some action. Plus Hays has a small-sample record against Lopez in 5 AB against (I know). It's a more experienced pitcher and I think that helps Hyde justify giving Cowser a rest. He just rested Santander, so not really an option to sit him. 

I might be way off, but it's fun to try and predict. 

Edited by interloper