2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I'm pretty close to handing the leadoff spot back to Mullins, who is now up to .261/.327/.500. 

I'd like to see something like:

Mullins - CF
Gunnar - SS
Adley - C
O'Hearn - DH
Mountcastle - 1B
Cowser - RF
Westburg - 3B
Hays - LF
Holliday - 2B

Hays really only playing because Tony needs a break.

SO close.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Soto dropped a bunt to get on in front of Judge.  

Yeah, it was a nice bunt but I doubt the 3B is giving that much room to Mullins and especially not to the RH batter Mateo.    The Brewers 2B made a beautiful bunt yestready in a bunt situation and probably beats it out even without Burnes terrible throw.

2 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I like this lineup tonight. Not in any way saying Hays is better than Santander but it is time to flip flop them a little to see who gets hot.

Decent time to try it against a guy with a 9 ERA. 

Of course our guy has an 8 ERA, so...

9 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I like this lineup tonight. Not in any way saying Hays is better than Santander but it is time to flip flop them a little to see who gets hot.

Is it me or did AS get a little fatter this year?

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like the lineup outside of being forced to watch Hays.  Put Tony in right, Cowser in left and Hays on the bench and it'd be better.

I think most would prefer Santander most days but everyone not named Gunnar needs a rest now and then. Right now it seems Hays is the odd man out but I'm not faulting Hyde for trying to find him some opportunities.

32 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:

Is it me or did AS get a little fatter this year?

It’s you.  From Roch back in February:

Santander made one important adjustment over the winter, hiring a dietitian in Miami to improve his eating habits.

“Good nutrition,” he said. “Keep working on my body to be healthy all season. It’s a long season, so we have to put our body in good position to play every single day, and I think good nutrition is a big part of it.”

The plan was steeped in logic. Eliminate the obvious evils.

“Less sugar, less carbs, more protein, more vegetables. Balance,” he said.

“Don’t eat too much rice, like we normally do as Latin players. I’ve been really consistent with my diet.”

50 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like the lineup outside of being forced to watch Hays.  Put Tony in right, Cowser in left and Hays on the bench and it'd be better.

It’s a long season Moose.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s you.  From Roch back in February:

Santander made one important adjustment over the winter, hiring a dietitian in Miami to improve his eating habits.

“Good nutrition,” he said. “Keep working on my body to be healthy all season. It’s a long season, so we have to put our body in good position to play every single day, and I think good nutrition is a big part of it.”

The plan was steeped in logic. Eliminate the obvious evils.

“Less sugar, less carbs, more protein, more vegetables. Balance,” he said.

“Don’t eat too much rice, like we normally do as Latin players. I’ve been really consistent with my diet.”

Yea I was going to say, there is literally no chance Santander is 'fatter' coming into the year.  He's more aware than anybody that this is a big year for him from a contract perspective.  Guys like that don't slack off and put on weight in the offseason.  Tony will be fine, its just a slow start.  His track record is as long as anyone on the team, and its quite solid.  They way folks allow 10-15 games to influence their opinion on players will never cease to amaze me.