Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

32 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Nothing was working tonight, but his fastball is the perennial question for me. It seems to need pinpoint command to work.

It's not his best pitch. It has a 0-run value, but it was -7 last season. It's hittable if he can't locate it well. His meatball % is 9.1 up from 7.7 last season. I could have sworn he had a 2500 RPM fastball but it's 2200.

Percentile rankings.

image.thumb.png.c860a7f86679518f4cfcc37b1808ef2e.png

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

Looked like the early '23 Grayson. Problem was missing in the zone leaving stuff middle middle to get absolutely hammered. I thought maybe he would have success against Trout since he has similar combo to Suarez of FB up and CH to RHB's. Guess not!

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looked absolutely awful tonight. I guess they shuffled around the rotation to line him up against the Yankees. All I know is he can’t look any worse against them than against the Angels. 

Did you watch last season’s playoffs?

7 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Nothing was working tonight, but his fastball is the perennial question for me. It seems to need pinpoint command to work.

Nothing was working yet he threw a lot of strikes, had 7 Ks, only walked 1 and had a swingstr% of 25%.

Plenty was working.  However, he had way too many hittable pitches as well. Wild in the strike zone.

6 days rest may have been a little too much as well.

Fastballs looked ok. Trout got one but it's Trout. It was the breaking balls that were getting obliterated, just kept hanging them right down the middle. Hopefully just a bad one. 

8 minutes ago, vab said:

Fastballs looked ok. Trout got one but it's Trout. It was the breaking balls that were getting obliterated, just kept hanging them right down the middle. Hopefully just a bad one. 

He threw that fastball right down the shoot on a 1-2 count. That was not a case of Trout being Trout. It was a case of horrible location. I have to believe that it was not his intention to throw it there after he watched us beat Trout several times the night before with hard stuff up in the zone (Trout's only weakness). Maybe the extra day messed up something with Rodriguez's ability to execute? Maybe he just had a bad night? But this was not the case of the Angels being good. It was Grayson who was really bad.

Nick Pollack's write up mentioned the BABIP, though certainly watching that performance it was the kind of performance to make you think Voros McCracken and DIPS theory is hokum.

I don't think it was random variation getting pummeled there last night.     Hopefully the Angels didn't find any cues the Yankees might also be able to benefit from.

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Nick Pollack's write up mentioned the BABIP, though certainly watching that performance it was the kind of performance to make you think Voros McCracken and DIPS theory is hokum.

I don't think it was random variation getting pummeled there last night.     Hopefully the Angels didn't find any cues the Yankees might also be able to benefit from.

If he throws that many hittable pitches in the heart of the plate against the Yankees (or any Major League team for that matter) he is likely to get a similar result.