Motorcycle

btdart20

11 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I thought this was a shout out to Baltimore dirt bike culture. If that's what this is, I like that a lot

Not sure about that, but going to Sunday's game where we got shut down there was a moment with the bases loaded for Adley and between pitches you could hear very loud notes coming off of some kind of speeding vehicles from outside the stadium. This was a pure coincidence (and obviously didn't result in anything happening on the fields -- Adley dribbled to the left of the infield) but I have to admit it was almost a perfect moment. 

• Upvote 1

Whatever they do I'll like in the end since it is tied to something good happening, but I do feel like we've seen the handlebars by other teams. This is also fine, but the spigot/sprinklers/hose AND Mr. Splash tie in was innovative and fun. 

15 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

When I see them throttling up with both hands it makes me crazy.  Throttle right hand, clutch left hand.  Learn to ride your bikes properly guys!  🙂

Exactly - I was going to say the same thing

On 3/31/2024 at 10:54 AM, Philip said:

I remember the Royals doing the same motorcycle thing during their run in 2014-15.

these things evolve naturally but I hope they’ll come up with something else.

I posted about that same thing in a game thread last weekend, or whenever the first time it happened. It's way too similar and derivative to the KC thing from the '14 postseason. Of course, most of the current O's were in middle school or younger and maybe were not paying attention then. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:47 AM, ScGO's said:

I thought this was a shout out to Baltimore dirt bike culture. If that's what this is, I like that a lot

If it's about the 12 O'Clock boys in Baltimore, I'm onboard, as long as it's not too similar to the KC thing from '14. Maybe find a way to pop a wheelie, Mounty! 🤪

This was a very interesting and moving documentary. I see similar in my hometown of Durham, but it's older guys, not kids as young as the ones in MD. 

On 4/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, DirtyBird said:

I think riding the motorcycle thru the entire length of the dugout could be a good celebration.

They could even pop fake wheelies and other such tricks.

Ramp jumps over sunflower seed buckets. 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:04 AM, NashLumber said:

If it's about the 12 O'Clock boys in Baltimore, I'm onboard, as long as it's not too similar to the KC thing from '14. Maybe find a way to pop a wheelie, Mounty! 🤪

This was a very interesting and moving documentary. I see similar in my hometown of Durham, but it's older guys, not kids as young as the ones in MD. 

Sadly, twelve years on this earth, plus, two, does NOT make you a grown ass man… you’re a child, and I pray you’ll realize that and grow up to be a man.

God save us all.

• Upvote 1