Dean Kremer 2024

Just now, DirtyBird said:

It will be Suarez time until his first two starts are exposed as a fluke.

If they didn’t think it was a fluke he never would have been taken out of the rotation.  They know, you know and everyone knows he’s not a 6 inning, no run pitcher.

2 minutes ago, thegardner said:

Tate and Vespi up, Heasley down.

After last night's 9th inning debacle, I correctly expected that Heasley wasn't sticking around.

Just now, RZNJ said:

If they didn’t think it was a fluke he never would have been taken out of the rotation.  They know, you know and everyone knows he’s not a 6 inning, no run pitcher.

Possibly, I think his exit from the rotation had more to do with starters returning. He was behind Irvin, who was also sent to the pen.

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It will be Suarez time until his first two starts are exposed as a fluke.

You may be right, but the timing would work out seamlessly for a Povich promotion-- he's scheduled to start for Norfolk tomorrow, the same day Dean would start. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Suarez got taken out because Bradish and Means came back. It doesn't really tell us what they think of him as a current SP option compared to Povich. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

After last night's 9th inning debacle, I correctly expected that Heasley wasn't sticking around.

I would have been terribly surprised if he was still on the roster by gametime tonight.

I'm just also surprised that they waited this long to put Dean on IL at the sacrifice of Baumann. By now, I figured they were just going to roll woth Dean and his blister and all.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Possibly, I think his exit from the rotation had more to do with starters returning. He was behind Irvin, who was also sent to the pen.

If you truly think he’s a 6 inning shut down starter, you find a way to keep him in the rotation.  They didn’t.  You act as if it’s going to be a rude awakening when he’s not as good as his first two starts.  Come on!

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

You may be right, but the timing would work out seamlessly for a Povich promotion-- he's scheduled to start for Norfolk tomorrow, the same day Dean would start. 

Suarez got taken out because Bradish and Means came back. It doesn't really tell us what they think of him as a current SP option compared to Povich. 

OK, that would be good timing, along with being able to debut against the white sox on the road

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Again, if they really thought Suarez was ace-like they would have demoted Kremer to the bullpen or found a way to keep him in the rotation. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

If you truly think he’s a 6 inning shut down starter, you find a way to keep him in the rotation.  They didn’t.  You act as if it’s going to be a rude awakening when he’s not as good as his first two starts.  Come on!

They took Irvin out of the rotation after allowing 2 runs over 4 starts. You aren’t really making a point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What choice did they have? They have so many starting pitchers or used to at least. Do you think they were throwing means in the bullpen. Or Bradish.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Again, if they really thought Suarez was ace-like they would have demoted Kremer to the bullpen or found a way to keep him in the rotation. 

Where did anyone suggest he was ace-like?