4/3 vs. Royals

Of course, Hays, of course.

I mean, I get it.  Guys slump...but watching Hays in a slump is the baseball equivalent of bamboo under fingernails.  

Watching that dude flail away on a pitch in the dirt for strike three was as predictable as a sunrise.

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I expected this to be a tough series.  In the first 30 game poll I predicted 19-11.  It’s been frustrating, buts that’s baseball.  You can bang the ball all night long (like last night) and have nothing to show for it, and you can run into a guy on his A game (like tonight) and get the ball shoved up the backside.  Some folks (not you) are making year long predictions based on 18 innings of play and it’s just silly to me.  It is, I agree, super frustrating to watch. 

The weather being crappy and the fact we haven't seen the sun here for what seems like 18 years is not helping my mood either! :D 

You obviously would hope for a 4-2 start after seeing the schedule, but it is what it is at this point. It doesn't help that the prospects the Orioles sent down are all pretty red hot in AAA. I mean, I get why they were sent back, but it doesn't make it easier.

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

New to the team and pitchers. Pitchers don't call meetings to tell the hitters to stop sucking. Anyways, I don't think team meetings really help. 

I think they just need to get out of the cold, rainy weather. the Royals are young and hungry like the Orioles were LAST YEAR. Now we have the "veteranish" team that think they can just walk out there and win. 

Snow in the forecast for Pittsburgh Friday, turning to rain in the afternoon.

But I'm sure Boston next week will be lovely.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Of course, Hays, of course.

I mean, I get it.  Guys slump...but watching Hays in a slump is the baseball equivalent of bamboo under fingernails.  

Watching that dude flail away on a pitch in the dirt for strike three was as predictable as a sunrise.

Hays is obviously pressing at this point. He had a crap spring training and is now off to a cold start to the season. He knows that Cowser, Norby and Kjerstad all play his position. He's not dumb.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

And this is where Kevin Brown really gets on my nerves.  I mean, he's always on my nerves, but yukking it up during a performance like this, yapping about the Red Sox rotation being a great surprise...dude, read the room.

What a clown. It’s a week into the season and they’ve faced Seattle (good pitching, bad offense) and Oakland. Like come on Kevin. 

(Taking your word for it that he said this, not watching a team that doesn’t give a shit.)

2 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Hyde would never pinch hit for Hays…his a veteran.

I was sure we wouldn't see Cowser there. I thought there was some chance of O'Hearn, seemed like an O'Hearn situation. Hope Hyde is saving the PHs for the bottom of the order. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

And this is where Kevin Brown really gets on my nerves.  I mean, he's always on my nerves, but yukking it up during a performance like this, yapping about the Red Sox rotation being a great surprise...dude, read the room.

The one thing that Gary Thorne always knew was when to yuck it up and when to bring it down a bit. Kevin never really has gotten that feel. 

I mean he's still yucking it up over Mr. Splash. I mean seriously, how is that still a thing in April? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

The weather being crappy and the fact we haven't seen the sun here for what seems like 18 years is not helping my mood either! :D 

You obviously would hope for a 4-2 start after seeing the schedule, but it is what it is at this point. It doesn't help that the prospects the Orioles sent down are all pretty red hot in AAA. I mean, I get why they were sent back, but it doesn't make it easier.

I thought it  would be a 4-2 start also.  KC is going to surprise some people this year.  They are going to be a fun team to watch (when they agent playing us).  They will teat the opposing defense all year long. 

Agree on all points.  Super frustrating.  It’s like knowing what Santa is gonna bring, but having to wait a month to play with your new toys. 

And damn, the winter will just not go away.  That one nice week we have a few weeks back was pretty cruel in retrospect. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well this is the soft part of the schedule so you have to expect this sort of thing.

And yes that is a shot at everyone that dismissed the early season competition because this team won 101 games last year.

Does the snark ever back up so much that you can't keep it all down and get that acidic taste in the back of your mouth?

(And yes I am being snarky with that remark  🙂  )