Brandon Hyde 2024

Just now, winston24 said:

He screwed up yesterday and today pitching to Witt.  

right probably just leave in Perez, walk Witt, but what would i know? just burn your entire bullpen before the 7th inning

32 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I would have left O'Hearn in to face the lefty.  He is one of your hottest hitters right now.  Austin Slater is...Austin Slater.  

Instead let’s leave Mountcastle in to record quality at bat after quality at bat. Just dumb decision. 
ive always supported Hyde but now back to back years wi the playoff caliber teams and he is 0-5. I’m ready to move on. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, giving up 3 runs in two games and he’s not a good manager. The knee jerk reactions are absurd. 

He has lost 5 straight playoff games. Do you really think he is suddenly going to turn it around?

Goodbye Hyde. Moronic PH (or lack thereof) decisions all series. Questionable BP management today. 0-5 in the playoffs and couldn’t prevent stop his team from mentally snowballing. This team needs a new voice. There is zero reason he should be back. 

Not PHing in the 5th inning with bases juiced and a lefty coming in and Cowser batting is befuddling. Also, pitching to Witt every single time, too. Those are on Hyde, IMHO.

Everything else? This offense just continued to be inept with RISP. Gotta do something about these hitting coaches. 

• Upvote 1

There's over nine hitters to complain about but it's easier to pick at Hyde for this and that. Hitting on this team right now is pathetic but let's get a new manager and make it all well. I'm pissed but not at Hyde. A manager isn't going to cure how this team is constructed. In my book, Elias is on the hot seat and the clock just started ticking.

• Upvote 2

Yesterday adley batting 5th and clogging up the DH

today cowser batting 4th and ohearn 6th. Cowser strikes out on a ball that hits him with bases loaded and one out - you think ohearn does that? 

OBVIOUSLY the hitting is the "real" problem, but a great manager puts the team in position to win close games. Hyde didn't do that. 

The bullpen moves happened to work out but they narrowly avoided disaster in multiple innings.