Holliday called up!

jcaponio

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think Ramon is probably asking himself how he breaks out of his slump first. Elias needs to start looking for a place to off load these veteran guys who are, or expected to be, outperformed by more talented young guys. 

Trade Urias for a lower level prospect that is a couple years away with a high ceiling and is currently undervalued. 

1 minute ago, Orioles West said:

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I’m taking DR at his word. He has essentially said he will defer baseball decisions to his baseball experts, talking up his GM among the best if not the best GM in the game. However, I do see Elias presenting DR with all of the financial implications surrounding the call up of Holliday — and then the new boss telling him to go for it now.

Agreed, the move makes too much sense for Elias and too little sense for Rubenstein. It's honestly a bit silly to even bring up and makes me wonder as to why that thought would even enter your head.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cravens86 said:

I’m so happy they let him wear 7, it’s my favorite number and Holliday is set to play my favorite position. I’m thinking it may be time for a jersey 

That's honestly wonderful man. You know what to do!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Trade Urias for a lower level prospect that is a couple years away with a high ceiling and is currently undervalued. 

He's got a few years of control left, is a gold glove 3B, and historically a league average hitter. You'd think he's a fit somewhere around the league for the low low price of two 17-year-olds. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That would suck but I do wonder if Rubenstein said something like, we will spend to get an extension done, so if you want to bring him up now, do it.

Maybe Elias was like do I have to keep a guy not performing well on the MLB roster all year just because the O's paid him a million or two?

Rubenstein: No, just DFA him.

Elias: Bye, Kemp.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Honestly, they'll get a lottery ticket who either has an injury history, is about to have to be protected on a 40-man roster or has a tool that hasn't been developed for Urias. The other, more intriguing option, is someone who is a salary dump by another team but might have value in our bullpen. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cravens86 said:

I’m so happy they let him wear 7, it’s my favorite number and Holliday is set to play my favorite position. I’m thinking it may be time for a jersey 

Was 7 a former number for him? 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Either that or a bullpen arm. 

I like this idea too depending on how good of a bullpen pitcher the Orioles can get for Urias. Maybe you package Urias with another prospect to get a plus bullpen arm. Orioles could use a late innings high leverage reliever.