Holliday called up!

jcaponio

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think all of this is puzzling timing to say the least.

That being said, I want to go to something DeRosa basically said in that video.  Maybe they just realized they f’ed up and said, dont make this mistake any worse. Just pull the band aid off and do it.

Kemp probably goes to AAA, so they keep him as “expensive depth”.

It amazes me they ever thought signing Kemp was a good idea. 

I still think it was something Sig’s computer spat out and they just went with it. 

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Man, there are people who are just bound and determined not to just feel joy. Goodness gracious now an attendance related conspiracy theory. You have to be kidding me b

You gotta ignore these people. They don't pay attention. For real.

29 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The overlooked possibility here, is that Elias came to the realization that he made a mistake sending Holliday down given some of the IF options on the roster (Mateo, Urias, and Kemp notably) and made a sudden decision to promote Holliday. 

That won't be provable either way.  The Elias can do no wrong crowd, will say this was the plan all along and point to the fact that there is no corresponding IL move.  Although it's not a great look to dump a guy (Kemp) after two weeks who you just signed to a guaranteed 1 mil deal. 

Ideally, Westburg is healthy and the regular lineup for the foreseeable future will have him at 3B, Gunnar at SS, and Holliday at 2B. 

If they were intending to keep Holliday down longer they would have gotten someone better than Kemp. He was clearly an expendable placeholder. The only question is how long they were planning to keep him. In between "mistake" and "exactly according to plan", my read (also unprovable) is that Kemp was brought in to keep options open to give the Sigbot a bit more data to make up its mind.

I still believe it's because NY is going to be tougher to catch than possibly Tampa was last year. NY will augment their roster at the deadline in a way that Tampa can't. 

Elias made a mistake and this is how you fix it. Perhaps we can now get into a 25 page diatribe about getting permission for wearing the number 7?

25 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

This is the even more exciting thing here IMO. Yes, J-Ho is going to be fun to watch. We probably have the best MI combo in the galaxy for the next 5 years now. But there's STILL more to come and our ceiling will be pushed even higher.

J-Ho, No we are not doing that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, dystopia said:

It amazes me they ever thought signing Kemp was a good idea. 

I still think it was something Sig’s computer spat out and they just went with it. 

The Kemp stuff is what really throws me off. As was just said, just keep Nevin if you are worried about the lefties. Kemp will stay with the org I bet and it’s almost as if you gave him a split contract.  So what..no biggie but it’s just all odd.

Maybe it’s just as simple as Elias realizing he made a dumb decision and that’s that. I would guess we hear him speak on it today and he probably mentions how the SSS was important but that’s just bs.

26 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Just find it funny that MLB Central takes a Holliday promotion as an opportunity to fellate the Skanks. 

If you watched the show you would know they were absolutely drooling over Holliday and over the Os in general for about 10-15 minutes. The Yankee mention was like 10 seconds of that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The Kemp stuff is what really throws me off. As was just said, just keep Nevin if you are worried about the lefties. Kemp will stay with the org I bet and it’s almost as if you gave him a split contract.  So what..no biggie but it’s just all odd.

Maybe it’s just as simple as Elias realizing he made a dumb decision and that’s that. I would guess we hear him speak on it today and he probably mentions how the SSS was important but that’s just bs.

I think if he’d OPSd similar to his cup of coffee in AAA last year he’d still be down until May/June. In that event they probably just liked Kemp a tiny bit more. Not the first time we’ve seen Elias do something that to us appears baffling like that.