Holliday called up!

jcaponio

If Langford and Carter started off the season like Jung last year, we probably wouldn't be seeing Holliday this early. Carter is warming up but he doesn't have insurmountable stats at this point for the ROY.

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Agreed but I think they are conceding it due to increased likelihood he will earn it himself. 

Got it.  So you think their thinking on that changed between the end of ST and now?

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Got it.  So you think their thinking on that changed between the end of ST and now?

They probably wanted to wait until June but realized that’s untenable now. 

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Best theory I have heard is that Fanatics screwed up his uniform.

Incorrect. This is all driven by the Holliday family. Elias wanted to promote Holliday to start the season, but Matt Holliday said not until the Ripkens agree to let Jackson wear number 7. The Ripkens finally said yes a week ago, but then the eclipse was coming and Matt Holliday wanted to wait until after the eclipse happened. Man, this is all so obvious.  I can't believe you didn't see it right away. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

They probably wanted to wait until June but realized that’s untenable now. 

So they panicked at 6-4 with Westburg and Urías, basically our starters from last year, plus Mateo and Kemp?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So they panicked at 6-4 with Westburg and Urías, basically our starters from last year, plus Mateo and Kemp?

No, they wanted Holliday to get ROY. With Carter’s end last year, if he carried over the same way, it would be tough. Now, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Incorrect. This is all driven by the Holliday family. Elias wanted to promote Holliday to start the season, but Matt Holliday said not until the Ripkens agree to let Jackson wear number 7. The Ripkens finally said yes a week ago, but then the eclipse was coming and Matt Holliday wanted to wait until after the eclipse happened. Man, this is all so obvious.  I can't believe you didn't see it right away. 

Please stop mentioning the eclipse. I'm still disappointed that I didn't gain any super powers.

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

By the way, Cal being part of the ownership group was a major concession by Rubinstein to get the Ripkens to agree to this. I'm not sure how Matt Holliday manipulated the timing of the eclipse, but it is what it is. 

Yep...Elias gave a ten game AAA detention to Holliday.  You do that to #1 picks. It makes perfect sense. GM's are paid to be punitive, that's how you build organizations. I don't care about the whys or whatevers. He's up, I wish him success. But I'm sure the insanity will continue to exist.

2 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

No, they wanted Holliday to get ROY. With Carter’s end last year, if he carried over the same way, it would be tough. Now, not so much.

So Wyatt Langford and Evan Carters fist 10 games made Elias change his mind that Holliday could win ROY?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is JH in the lineup tonight or has no one confirmed that yet?

If he is not in the lineup I assume he is there. The roster move is offical, so if he isn't there they are playing a man short