4/11 @ Boston

ArtVanDelay

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I dont get this team. Tremendous offensive talent...very limited effectiveness early..and then they rally...I find their approach wanting...

That Slaten guy is off to a really good start this season.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I dont get this team. Tremendous offensive talent...very limited effectiveness early..and then they rally...I find their approach wanting...

They can't hit the fastball 30th in the league against the heater.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He isn’t a major league pitcher right now, that’s for sure.   He’s got a lot of work to do.   Putting aside what he’s done in the majors, he hasn’t even pitched well in AAA since May 1.   In his first 6 starts, he had a 1.11 ERA in 32.1 innings.   Since then, he’s made 7 AAA appearances (5 in May/early June before his first call-up, 2 in July after being sent down) and has a 5.75 AAA in 31.1 innings.  So whatever he was doing at the start of the year that had everyone clamoring for him, he hasn’t done that in quite a while.   Is that first pitcher in there somewhere?  I don’t know.    
    • I’m done pitching to Guerrero in this series.  I’m going full Aaron Judge on him the next two days.
    • 1) Irvin starting the 8th w/5 RH batters in a row due up, including Guerrero (who killed us all day) leading off. We had just cut the lead to two, and had some momentum. Guerrero then homered to CF, pushing the lead back to three, and Irvin gave up two more hits in the inning before getting out of it. Irvin had given us two shut-out innings, but sending him out for another was a huge mistake.  2) Pitching to Guerrero in the 9th with two outs and a man on third. Let me get this straight -- at that point Guerrero on the day was 6-9 with 2 HR, 2 doubles, 2 singles, 4 RBI and 4 runs scored, and you pitched to him with a runner in scoring position and first base open? That is the very definition of stupidity. His subsequent double in the gap plated the 8th and final Toronto run, and pretty much put the game out of reach.   
    • The Giants sold Soler. Snell might be available. 
    • the ball is in concussion protocol 
    • I do remember that spray.   It was just a can of composed air that froze or numbed the sound area.  I got should at second base in high school turning a DP.  Split my leg open right along the shin bone.   A butterfly bandaid and some of that spray did the trick (I really should have got some stitches but that's not how things were.  I also remember the parks and rec guys breaking out bags of lye to chalk the batter's box and basepaths in Little League.  That could have been the best for our health.
    • I'm in. Ok, between him and Odor, who else do we have to buy beers for? 
  • Popular Contributors