Angels series 4/22-24

Frobby

Just now, Sports Guy said:

No question. No idea what we get out of Suarez tonight and like you said, Detmers has been legit good this year, so tonight could be tough but 2 out of 3 should certainly happen.

Yeah, if they're gonna drop a game in this series, tonight looks to be the one.  

They don't have a lot of hitters in the red on Statcast.  Sano seems to be going through some kind of a renaissance, Trout is doing Trout things but still only hitting .244 with a .323 on base...but 8 homers.  I'm not too worried about their offense, outside of Trout, Ward and Sano...quite frankly, this is the type of team I'd want to get Suarez that second start against to see if any of that magic from the first start carries over.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

They don't have a lot of hitters in the red on Statcast.  Sano seems to be going through some kind of a renaissance, Trout is doing Trout things but still only hitting .244 with a .323 on base...but 8 homers.  I'm not too worried about their offense, outside of Trout, Ward and Sano...quite frankly, this is the type of team I'd want to get Suarez that second start against to see if any of that magic from the first start carries over.

Plus the weather should be good and that has historically been a good park for pitchers.

Just tell him to stay away from Trout.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

As the past two games showed, baseball can be rather unpredictable. 

• Upvote 1

Angels announced Robert Stephenson out for the year recently.     Jose Soriano, who was big in relief in their win at OPACY, has joined the rotation and is out of this series.

They were just swept in Cincinnati with neither Carlos Estevez nor Matt Moore pitching at all, so Wash will get to be aggressive with his best relievers in close games.

After just six stolen bases in the last four years, Trout is up to 5 SB already as they are running.

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

But how is his xWOSAUSAGE?

I don’t know how to respond to the idea that you feel his sausage is delicious but to quote Seinfeld…”not that there’s anything wrong with that”

Would you prefer "long and hot?"

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Another series W. Had Trout not hit that leadoff homer off GR in Game 2, then I think we sweep them. That HR got in GR’a head. This team sure is fun to watch. Never out of it. 

Job well done. On to the next one. Much appreciation for whoever does these series posts each time.