Horrible, I cannot believe our pitching is that bad...

jdouble777

This is absurd, just because it is spring training we should not care, WHAT-SO-EVER, what happens on the field. First, Trembley is wasting valuable innings on guys who should not be out there and proved it today. Second, our number two did not make into the third. Third, our closer continued to show the problems he showed last year. In no way does this provide a strong argument for canceling the season, and I did not say so, but when you are the fan of a team that allowed a 35 run game which we attained the ML record for only two years ago outings like this are somewhat discouraging.

It really boils down to our offense, it sucks so bad to see an offense so good go out there without any chance or reason to hope. Not that the story this year will follow the previous two but...

You are the one being absurd. We should care, but not to the OCD level you are taking it. You are stating there are trends being developed, from one game? It is one game. If Uehara and Sherrill have issues in their next outings, then we might worry, but it was one day.

We allowed 30 runs in one game, not 35. All the pitchers involved in that game are gone.

Every team has outings like this, get over it being an Orioles problems. Stop being so over dramatic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do these things happen durign Spring Training, but pitchers have sucky days during the season too.

Let's all take a chill pill. It happens. You don't see people going crazy when someone has a bad day in July.

On second thought.....around here....:D

How do you score 8 runs and loose?

Like this:

http://masnsports.com/2009/03/walk-it-off.html

Castillo, Chiasson, and crew are obviously nobodies that are not a concern but Sherill and Uehara provide a much different story. They not only pitched bad but they pitched terrible, Sherill tends to start hot and then fall apart and that needs to change, it is now a trend, and Uehara looked almost like a real deal number two until he could not even get through three innings today. Sure it is spring training but seriously, this is our number two, I don't mind him giving up runs and all that but he needs to get through the third at this point, seriously.

One knock on Trembley, are there really not other guys than these scrubs we could get innings for?

You seriously need to chill out. It's spring training, pitchers are expected to struggle and work through their kinks. Watch much baseball?

You are the one being absurd. We should care, but not to the OCD level you are taking it. You are stating there are trends being developed, from one game? It is one game. If Uehara and Sherrill have issues in their next outings, then we might worry, but it was one day.

We allowed 30 runs in one game, not 35. All the pitchers involved in that game are gone.

Every team has outings like this, get over it being an Orioles problems. Stop being so over dramatic.

You are one person I really have a horrible time getting along with. Seriously, READ, READ my posts before make any statements regarding them, please! Did you read anything in regard to his career year that was followed by 33 saves thanks to a ton of runs. His FIP was the worst since his first year in the bigs, his ERA was terrible, the trend started a long time ago and simply has seemed to carry a little ways into spring training.

Please try to have a conservative well-thought out debate with me when we have them since we seem to have such a hard time meeting in the middle. I don't really know what your point was in regard to the 30 run game but thanks for the corrections? I do appreciate and value your input, you are typically full of insightful information and very articulate person, but please don't jump to assertions because the topic presented is trivial and probably more on the abrasive side.

Furthermore, I apologize to any and everyone thinks this post was brash. It is not the runs being given up, I know it is spring training and it is going to happen, but it is upsetting, being an O's fan, when these things do happen. Someone posted an Uehara explanation and I quickly took that into consideration and was content. However, wasting innings on nobodies and our Closer continuing to show the issues he did last is not a good thing, in any way shape or form.

This thread is a total overreaction. The author needs a large dose of perspective.

Fair enough, fair enough... I've tried in every way to reaffirm my statements through in-depth explanation backed with statistics, but perhaps you are all right.

Repeat after me:

It's....just....one....spring....training....game....

nothing else needs to be said on this....but to add to the concern, the O's should have added a quality MLB starter and they did not (yet). That is the only item I personally disagreed with on this offseason FO's moves...it is still badly needed no matter how the others pan out.

Fair enough, fair enough... I've tried in every way to reaffirm my statements through in-depth explanation backed with statistics, but perhaps you are all right.

In depth explanation backed up with stats is a great way to go about things...but it's MARCH 9TH. If you're going to use stats to back yourself up you have to be cognizant of sample size, and you have to realize that we have nothing close to a reasonable sample size to freak out, especially about Uehara.

You are one person I really have a horrible time getting along with. Seriously, READ, READ my posts before make any statements regarding them, please! Did you read anything in regard to his career year that was followed by 33 saves thanks to a ton of runs. His FIP was the worst since his first year in the bigs, his ERA was terrible, the trend started a long time ago and simply has seemed to carry a little ways into spring training.

Please try to have a conservative well-thought out debate with me when we have them since we seem to have such a hard time meeting in the middle. I don't really know what your point was in regard to the 30 run game but thanks for the corrections? I do appreciate and value your input, you are typically full of insightful information and very articulate person, but please don't jump to assertions because the topic presented is trivial and probably more on the abrasive side.

Furthermore, I apologize to any and everyone thinks this post was brash. It is not the runs being given up, I know it is spring training and it is going to happen, but it is upsetting, being an O's fan, when these things do happen. Someone posted an Uehara explanation and I quickly took that into consideration and was content. However, wasting innings on nobodies and our Closer continuing to show the issues he did last is not a good thing, in any way shape or form.

What part of this thread is conservative and well-thought out?

Let me ask you this, do you know the circumstance of every pitcher that pitched today? Did they have certain pitches taken away from them by the coaching staff? Did they take certain pitches away from themselves to work on others?

Those sorts of things happens in Spring Training. Other than players fighitng to make the big league team (which Sherrill and Uehara are not), stats/production means zip, zero, zilch. It's all about working out kinks in mechanics, playing into game-shape, etc.

I went back over this thread but I failed to find any examples of "in depth explanations backed by stats". Perhaps the problem is, you think you see things that aren't really there.:laughlol:

It's a spring training game, dude.

You know....during the season we're gonna score 8 runs and still lose, too.

You gonna flip about it every time? Relax man, its not even halfway through March.

It's a spring training game, dude.

You know....during the season we're gonna score 8 runs and still lose, too.

You gonna flip about it every time? Relax man, its not even halfway through March.

I know, right? I mean, the thing is, we KNOW that the pitching is going to suck this year.

What's amazing, on top of that, is that the bullpen will likely be a strength for us - and if Sherrill fails (and there's no real indication he will), we have arms to back him up.

It's really the least likely reason to get all :drek::drek::drek: all over the place.

Archived