Horrible, I cannot believe our pitching is that bad...

jdouble777

This post is an over reaction - but the poster does have a point that our pitching is going to struggle this year. I think our bullpen would actually be really good for a good rotation, but will likely struggle as well because they will be worn out. They always say, the team that uses the least number of starting pitchers during the season is the most likely to win their division. I think it is pretty easy to see a scenario where we will use many different starters this year trying to fill the gap before the young guns are ready.

I am not saying we will have a terrible team. I think we will be pretty good despite our lousy starting pitching.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One knock on Trembley, are there really not other guys than these scrubs we could get innings for?

Second-guessing the manager's game-time decisions is a true baseball tradition... but on March 9th?

I think you're not really supposed to do that until later.

This is absurd, just because it is spring training we should not care, WHAT-SO-EVER, what happens on the field.

If it's an extreme binary choice between losing your mind over a ST game vs. not caring WHAT-SO-EVER, well, then yeah.

Please try to have a conservative well-thought out debate with me...

Conservative. Well-thought out. Debate.

You might wanna look these three up... because the way you use them, each one has

I've tried in every way to reaffirm my statements through in-depth explanation backed with statistics, but...

You did?

Drungo, 1970, and VaTech combined couldn't make enough well-researched, thoughtful, and respectful posts in a single thread to dig out of as deep a hole as that opening post put you in. Some of your later points had merit, but obviously after the way the thread started, none can or should be really paid much attention as serious points.

Try again tomorrow in a different thread, this one is doomed.

Drungo, 1970, and VaTech combined couldn't make enough well-researched, thoughtful, and respectful posts in a single thread to dig out of as deep a hole as that opening post put you in. Some of your later points had merit, but obviously after the way the thread started, none can or should be really paid much attention as serious points.

Try again tomorrow in a different thread, this one is doomed.

Yep. If one wants to say they're concerned about Sherrill due to a mediocre(certainly not horrible) season, great, go ahead.

But to act like the sky is falling with him and the pitching staff in general due to one ST game is absurd.

Guys, come on. It's spring training for all of us, and just like the O's, we need to be practicing and polishing everything we're gonna be doing during the season... complaining after every single loss.

Hey, not all of us need spring training for that. I'm always in mid-season form when it comes to complaints!

-Don (Practice? We talking about practice man....)

This thread is hysterical. It should be stickied and posted to after every O's loss in 09.

In other news, Red Sox pitchers gave up 14 runs yesterday. To the Pirates. (Of course, the Sox scored 15.) To which conclusions shall we jump from that?

Well at least they won! The O's can't do that with AA pitching ON A WARM DAY AT THAT!

Archived