Thursday afternoon May 2: Battle for First Place with MFYs

SteveA

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

If his prime is 40- 60 home runs with a .400 on base, there would be a gradual decline (you would think) not this. Where he is a liability in their lineup.

Well I hope this is what he is now but you’re right that it’s probably not.  Not everyone declines gradually, though.  Some guys fall off a cliff.  Albert Pujols did. 

Edited by ArtVanDelay

11 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don't care about being wrong on here.  I also really don't care when others are wrong on here, either.  Kinda fun every once in awhile to point it out to bust some balls but this seems exhausting, especially when your chosen target would never concede to being wrong in the first place.

Glad to see you keeping a high pettiness level though.

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

I know it won’t be a good topic but I think Henderson could use a game off Saturday or Sunday vs LHP too.

Now that you mention he hasn't really gotten any rest that I remember. Seems like everyone else has but him.

Might be a good idea, considering the way he's gone from hot to cold lately.

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Well I hope this is what he is now but you’re right that’s it’s probably not.  Not everyone decline gradually, though.  Some guys fall off a cliff. 

Do you mean Chris Davis or Prince Fielder?

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Perez coming in for the 9th.

Brandon Hyde is not messing around. He's going for the jugular.

Um, I like Cionel but how is that going for the jugular exactly?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Cowser wouldn't be able to hit right now if you gave him the wood version of one of those little kid fat red bats.

Is this just his timing going off… a slump? Or is the league exploiting something?

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

I know it won’t be a good topic but I think Henderson could use a game off Saturday or Sunday vs LHP too.

He absolutely could use one. Cowser too. I think we may see McKenna get a start this weekend in LF.