The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?

The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Tanner Scott for Povich?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Cabrera to the minors? Bender takes Baumann's spot? Though I thought you had said you didn't agree with letting Baumann go. 

Roster spots tbd but that can be figured out rather easily.

Cabrera represents a move that could be for now but it’s more of a long term move. He isn’t a FA until after 2029.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s still not cool to downvote a guy just because you don’t like his opinion.  All he was doing here was asking a question.

Downvoted for policing downvotes

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 7

Hard pass.

Is the desire for Scott (I’ve also heard some taking about Hunter Harvey) because of the former Oriole thing?

If we have to give up any real talent, I hope that we are trading for guys who are real difference makers (first and foremost), not for  reasons of sentimentality.

Povich is one of our only SP in the Minors who has true Major League capabilities, can’t afford to give that away for the likes of Tanner Scott. 

• Upvote 1

The way he has pitched this year I might have Povich as out #4 prospect now. With our depth at other positions it is tempting to say he is our most valuable prospect (to the organization) outside of Holliday. No way I am trading him for a rental reliever. Maybe McDermott for Scott?

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The way he has pitched this year I might have Povich as out #4 prospect now. With our depth at other positions it is tempting to say he is our most valuable prospect (to the organization) outside of Holliday. No way I am trading him for a rental reliever. Maybe McDermott for Scott?

Would Scott even be one of our best 3 LH relievers?

No. They need relief pitching but Scott’s not the guy. Despite his success, he still struggles with the walks. That’s not a recipe for longevity. 

Povich is the best pitching prospect in a system without many pitching prospects. He’s a keeper in my eyes.

Posted (edited)

Scott was maddening when he was here and I was overjoyed when he left. Bringing him back on purpose is ridiculous.

Call the angels on Ried Detmers.

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, oriole said:

No. They need relief pitching but Scott’s not the guy...

Only if the relief pitching is an elite back end, high leverage guy who is clearly better than what we already have back there. Or a solid bullpen piece (Akin caliber) with options.

I'd keep an eye on Scott. If his K's creep back up to 10+ per 9 and BB's back towards 4 or so, he might be worth a look.

I don't think the Orioles can afford to trade any upper level pitching guys; they need the depth. The value of Povich is probably not that far away from what a 12K/9 & 3BB/9 LH Flame throw closer gets you.  If we had 5 Povich's in the system, it would not be as frowned upon.

But Scott is not quite in last year's form just yet, so the Marlins will hold on to him for a minute to see where his value could be in a couple months. Might have to overpay a little to get him now as the Marlins probably feel like his market will heat up closer to the July deadline.

Stowers, Norby, and a good low level arm might get conversations started. They might come back asking about Beavers, McDermott, some of the top DSL guys; I don't think it would be a conversation about Lottery tickets

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

This is a dumb thread.

Oh, this is just a cute way of bringing your “Povich is Bruce Zimmerman” opinion from the Minors board to the main board.

Nope. Any why are you neg repping me for an opinion?  That’s Facebook stuff.