Could Cole Irvin be this year's Steve Stone?

Cuellar35

8 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I feel vindicated… I still believed in Irvin even after the hot trash start. He had a track record. Many on here completely gave up on him. 

I bet you never give up on anyone.   You’re always so positive.

• Haha 1

The worry is injuries: GRod, Bradish, Means, Kimbrel(-ish) Wells, etc. how do we anticipate and prevent injuries is the new goal. I have no stats on the subject, and I’m not sure there are any, but I’m not sure we’re doing that well.

26 minutes ago, Philip said:

The worry is injuries: GRod, Bradish, Means, Kimbrel(-ish) Wells, etc. how do we anticipate and prevent injuries is the new goal. I have no stats on the subject, and I’m not sure there are any, but I’m not sure we’re doing that well.

Anticipate and prevent injuries?   For real?

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Anticipate and prevent injuries?   For real?

To a certain extent, yes, because if an injury is consistent, that is, if a lot of guys are having the same problem, then it should be reasonably easy to extrapolate the cause of the problem and to deal with that cause.

I don’t know why that such a shocking suggestion, and I’m sure that the Orioles are doing their best to deal with that. I’m just unsure how well they are doing.

I do think Grayson's management is aspirational about protecting him for a bunch of falls, not that there is any assurance it will work.

MLB was talking about the Yankees and Luis Gil yesterday, and NYY's intended strategy there are no limits except that they will watch the pitch metrics and how all the mechanics are working game to game.

They did same thing with Clarke Schmidt 2021-2023 as he went from 45 to 90 to 160 innings across three seasons.

Luis Gil's TJ was May 2022 near John Means' time but the two Clubs are on different paths firing what bullets there are.     It'll mean something for the race whether or not Gil hits that Tyler Wells kind of wall as the year goes along.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

To a certain extent, yes, because if an injury is consistent, that is, if a lot of guys are having the same problem, then it should be reasonably easy to extrapolate the cause of the problem and to deal with that cause.

I don’t know why that such a shocking suggestion, and I’m sure that the Orioles are doing their best to deal with that. I’m just unsure how well they are doing.

There’s only so much you can do.   There’s no magic secret to preventing injuries that isn’t already known.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Philip said:

I think a great deal of arm and shoulder damage is cumulative starting long before a pitcher enters the organization's system. 

Edited by 24fps

44 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I think a great deal of arm and shoulder damage is cumulative starting long before a pitcher enters the organization's system. 

It would be interesting to know what is the average velocity of the pitchers who undergo TJ.