Who was worse…JLC or Rosenthal?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Jason La Canfora is in a class of his own when it comes to the all time jackwagons of Baltimore sports media. Nestor is the only one I can think of who rivals La Canfora in being so off putting.

Both of them come across as being very arrogant know-it-all types. But I’m sorry give me Nestor over La Canfora any day! At least Nestor doesn’t consistently make stuff up and then try to pretend that it’s some kind of “insider” reporting.

Real news and analysis are dying slow and painful deaths. JLC is a content provider. Content is the stuff that sells advertising. Content is what fills the media space where news and analysis used to be. 

He's the worst. Has he ever provided any "inside" information that wasn't completely made up? I completely enjoyed how it seemed pretty obviously EDC/Ravens fed him fake info on the Deebo Samuel rumor and JLC immediately ran with it, then tried to put EDC on blast. Nobody is trading a #1 overall prospect like Jackson Holliday, much less for Luis Robert who has never played a full season and is currently hurt as it is. What's most irritating about him is how smug he is about all his opinions. He's like Keith Law, except he has zero credibility that would give him any sort of validation for his opinions. 

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

At least Nestor doesn’t consistently make stuff up and then try to pretend that it’s some kind of “insider” reporting.

When LaCanfora spouts off his "I've got reliable sources on this" or "some league executives are telling me" stuff you know that whatever he says is likely made up or just conjecture. That's the main reason he was fired by CBS and removed from their NFL Today show. 

Posted (edited)

“Two game losing streak”

I’m glad we won, but we could’ve weeded out lots of fake fans by ending that dumb streak and losing 3 in a row. 

Instead our bullpen went 5 shutout innings and it’s looking like we have a top 3-5 rotation in all of baseball.

Edited by sportsfan8703

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think the asking price will be high. I don’t know if you get Basallo and Holiday but a couple of top 100 will likely be the ask. Would you expect to get Robert for a Holiday straight up? 

If the White Sox can get a Holliday type prospect for Robert they should be all over that.  Robert is a great player when healthy, but it's not like I would swap Gunnar for him or Adley.  They should trade Robert and hope they get a package centered around a Mayo/Basallo type player.  I wouldn't want the O's to give that up for him, but if he's healthy and has a big season, it's possible.

13 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the White Sox can get a Holliday type prospect for Robert they should be all over that.  Robert is a great player when healthy, but it's not like I would swap Gunnar for him or Adley.  They should trade Robert and hope they get a package centered around a Mayo/Basallo type player.  I wouldn't want the O's to give that up for him, but if he's healthy and has a big season, it's possible.

I’m not saying you’re wrong….but it just doesn’t happen that way. You never see one for one trades for this type of player. I can agree with KR that your not getting him for Holliday and some lottery tickets.im not advocating you do this deal. But, I think the White Sox get a top 25 in BB plus 2-3 other quality pieces. I don’t see Elias trading Holliday as stingy as he’s been so far with our prospects. 

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong….but it just doesn’t happen that way. You never see one for one trades for this type of player. I can agree with KR that your not getting him for Holliday and some lottery tickets.im not advocating you do this deal. But, I think the White Sox get a top 25 in BB plus 2-3 other quality pieces. I don’t see Elias trading Holliday as stingy as he’s been so far with our prospects. 

You think that Robert's value is higher than Holliday's?

Robert has a .741 OPS and a -0.1 WAR and is on the IL again, surprise, surprise.  White Sox will be lucky to get 2 top 100 prospects that are near bottom of that 100.  No chance a smart GM would part with one of the top prospects for this guy, but it only takes 1 dummy.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

You think that Robert's value is higher than Holliday's?

Based on his 2023 season ….Absolutely. Holliday is still a prospect. The top prospect in baseball mind you….but yes. Look back in history at trades that included prospects rated in say the top 5 and see if any of them netted a 1 for 1 trade. Further, I like Holliday and as I stated I’m not trading him. But that doesn’t mean he has more value. 

Edited by Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Based on his 2023 season ….Absolutely. Holliday is still a prospect. The top prospect in baseball mind you….but yes. Look back in history at trades that included prospects rated in say the top 5 and see if any of them netted a 1 for 1 trade. Further, I like Holliday and as I stated I’m not trading him. But that doesn’t mean he has more value. 

Holliday may be less of a sure thing but he clearly has more value in a trade than Robert does.

JLC’s beef is that Elias did nothing this offseason. Who knew that at the 1/4 pole that Hays and Mullins would be the worst two hitters on this team?

Notice how the winning makes our fans turn into everything we hated about the Yankees/Sox. 

Man, act like you’ve been there before. We aight. 

Luis Robert, when healthy, is a likely impact player and former GG in CF.  The 26-year old however, has had injuries throughout his career, and is starting rehab just now to begin his return to action for the White Sox.  Even so, he'd be the best and most realistically available trade target the O's could hope for, IMHO. 

The right-handed hitting Robert is under contract through '25, holding $20 million team options with $2 million buyouts for '26 and '27.  So, if you take the risk on greatness, you could have the 2023 All Star for three more seasons beyond this one.  Acquiring players in their prime is rare, but under these circumstances, it is doable.

What to give up is the highly debatable question.  If Elias were to entertain the possibility, it would likely be after Robert returns and shows he's healthy and performing well.  So, I'm guessing the trade deadline.