doccat

Joey Ortiz is hitting 287 with the Brewers

he’d still be in the minors if he was on the O’s 

bring up the young guys! 

7 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Joey Ortiz is hitting 287 with the Brewers

he’d still be in the minors if he was on the O’s 

bring up the young guys! 

If Ortiz was still here we wouldn't have Burnes. I'm glad that we made the swap. We are 14 games over .500 I think our teams is plenty good enough without Ortiz.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

If Ortiz was still here we wouldn't have Burnes. I'm glad that we made the swap. We are 14 games over .500 I think our teams is plenty good enough without Ortiz.

I don't think they were saying otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think they were saying otherwise.

Ok, maybe I misread?

I thought the person was Ortiz is hitting well with the Brewers and that we should have kept him. And that our guys aren't hitting and we need to bench some of our regulars and bring some minor leaguers up to take their place.

Hays is showing signs and Mountcastle has had a couple good games and seems to have cut down on the chases out of the zone.  These guys still have decent track records that have had a rough month but you don’t just throw everything away.  Urias is the one guy I think could be replaced but there isn’t any infielders that seem ready with Holiday still working on things and Mayo hurt. Norby seems to be considered an outfielder at this point. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Ok, maybe I misread?

I thought the person was Ortiz is hitting well with the Brewers and that we should have kept him. And that our guys aren't hitting and we need to bench some of our regulars and bring some minor leaguers up to take their place.

Nope

Bring up the young guys. I’d rather see them fail than some of these other guys fail. And I’m an old Orioles fan and I’ve watched the Orioles turn into one of the best teams in the league to a cheap team. Hard to get rid of old attitudes. 
Its as if they’re afraid to bring the young bucks  up because then they might have to pay them good money when they start doing well. Some of these guys are 25 years old.

Edited by Phil Beckett
Added comments

9 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Hays is showing signs and Mountcastle has had a couple good games and seems to have cut down on the chases out of the zone.  These guys still have decent track records that have had a rough month but you don’t just throw everything away.  Urias is the one guy I think could be replaced but there isn’t any infielders that seem ready with Holiday still working on things and Mayo hurt. Norby seems to be considered an outfielder at this point. 

But I’ll bet you Joey ortiz would still be in the minor leagues if he was still on this team

I’d rather him playing then Urias

have you seen the recent collective batting averages of our outfielders?

😮

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

Nope

Bring up the young guys. I’d rather see them fail than some of these other guys fail. And I’m an old Orioles fan and I’ve watched the Orioles turn into one of the best teams in the league to a cheap team. Hard to get rid of old attitudes. 

I don't know how much we are "failing" at 32- 18. I guess you thought we should be 34- 16? 35- 15? You can blame the bullpen for that more than the offense considering that the team is 2nd in MLB in HRs and 7th in runs scored. Where you expecting #1 across the board?