Monday afternoon May 27, 2024 - Os vs RedSox

justD

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know with the wall being back so far when a shot goes into left field I no longer flinch thinking it is going out.  On that fly ball at no point did I worry it was gone.  Took two years of the wall to finally forget the real short porch of old Camden Yards.  

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I read that years ago, pitchers with specialty pitches would tell the umps in advance they were going to be working with said pitch often to help them out a bit and not get fooled as much. They were speculating if the umps had a pitch comm and if it would help them make better calls knowing what to look for.

That is an interesting idea to let the Umps hear what the catcher is calling so they dont get fooled.  Interesting.  Never thought of this idea before. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gurgi said:

That is an interesting idea to let the Umps hear what the catcher is calling so they dont get fooled.  Interesting.  Never thought of this idea before. 

I think they are looking for alternatives to robo-umps. I'd still rather the challenge system at the very least for pitches.

• Upvote 2