The 2024 Trade Deadline

Basallo isn’t getting traded but if he does, it will be in the offseason when potentially more pitchers are available and teams see the light at the end of the tunnel as to when he can come up and start helping them.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Basallo isn’t getting traded but if he does, it will be in the offseason when potentially more pitchers are available and teams see the light at the end of the tunnel as to when he can come up and start helping them.

Is there any historical evidence of teams being more willing to trade pitching in the offseason vs at the deadline?

I would think it is more likely at the deadline.

6 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

If Basallo is traded, it needs to be some hefty return.   

If Basallo is this good, why is he not on the MLB club? He could learn another position. Put O'Hearn in the outfield, Cowser in center and Basallo as DH and 3rd catcher and trade or option Mullins.  I would rather have a possible .300 hitting Basallo than a .188 Mullins, I know all you guys love Mullins, then you like his .188 ave!!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

If Basallo is this good, why is he not on the MLB club? He could learn another position. Put O'Hearn in the outfield, Cowser in center and Basallo as DH and 3rd catcher and trade or option Mullins.  I would rather have a possible .300 hitting Basallo than a .188 Mullins, I know all you guys love Mullins, then you like his .188 ave!!

He's 19

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Is there any historical evidence of teams being more willing to trade pitching in the offseason vs at the deadline?

I would think it is more likely at the deadline.

It’s, without question, that there will be more teams willing to trade in the offseason than the teams this year.  In the offseason, every team is on the table to trade. That’s not the case now.

What history tells you is that pitching fetches more at the deadline…but a team like Seattle, for example, isn’t trading one of their starters for offense right now but they could deal one in the offseason, when they could replace them.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

but a team like Seattle, for example, isn’t trading one of their starters for offense right now but they could deal one in the offseason, when they could replace them.

They didn't trade one this offseason

I'd guess where there is smoke there is fire. I assume it would be for an excellent player who is under control for a couple of years. We've already given up one generational talent in Ortiz, according to Bryse Wilson, so why not ship another out if it helps the team win now and over the next couple of seasons?

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I think Basallo is individually more valuable in trade than Crochet or Robert, but if Getz loves him he could assemble a compelling bid.

How many current White Sox would you put on a 3-game ALWC series roster this year?

I like Crochet a lot and have no problem trading big prospects for him. He is going to help you for next 4 years. The team will have to have a plan for him this season. I could see him going to bullpen after ASB. Other option would be shutting him down, then bullpen , then build back up for postseason.

5 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I still think Tampa will be a team that sells. They are -71 run differential. 

They also won’t care about dealing in the division. Not that any team should.