The 2024 Trade Deadline

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Some effort, some mental, some just bad defense! Either way I don’t care. These are professional baseball players making thousands/millions to play baseball. It’s time to start performing like professionals.

One embarrassing post after another.  I’m giving myself a time out.   How about just you to the Pale Hose board with nothing in return for the kind of team you truly deserve?

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Lack of hustle?  That’s a new one on me.  The leadership seemed fine when we won 100 games last year and up until a month ago.   Boy, guys just decided to stop leading.   

I have a better question.  Where is the common sense and reasoning gene located in your body or were you born without one?

If leadership overcame everything, Earl Weaver would have won 15 championships instead of ONE.

There is no one putting an arm around any of these guys especially around Gunnar.  I would have thought this would be Adley, but I don’t see any evidence of it. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

One embarrassing post after another.  I’m giving myself a time out.   How about just you to the Pale Hose board with nothing in return for the kind of team you truly deserve?

What a flipping baby! I don’t care if you like my posts or what you think of them! You go post over there. Then you can have Kumbaya moments and unrealistic opinions about what your flawed players are worth in trades. You’d fit right in …believe Dat’

Edited by Roll Tide

14 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Or has the sell-off begun?!? Has the FO become exhausted of Gunnar’s play and we just witnessed his last game in an Orioles uniform? 

As I understand it, that would be Gunnar’s second confirmed break-up this week…

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I’m at the point where I’d sell Burnes and Santander if we got a big enough return. This team just isn’t going to contend this year. 

If the Orioles did a sell-off after deploying the extreme tanking tactics that changed the rules of MLB, it would be making a mockery of the sport. You can’t sell-off your best players while in first place. 

What message would that send to the fans or players?

I can’t see any sane owner allowing that as this would be doing serious damage to the team brand and probably the value of the franchise.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

As I understand it, that would be Gunnar’s second confirmed break-up this week…

Let’s be real.  He’s 23, a MLB star and  is engaged?!?!?  Breaking up with shorty (regardless of situation) could be the best thing that ever happened to him. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

There is no one putting an arm around any of these guys especially around Gunnar.  I would have thought this would be Adley, but I don’t see any evidence of it. 

The problem is that he’s playing poorly also. The team leader at this moment should be Santander. Maybe Burnes could step up …he’s certainly a veteran. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Did you watch the game today? There were a couple plays where lack of hustle were mentioned. Play your insults on somebody else. And have a little integrity over being a HOMER! They are playing like shit and the criticism is deserved.

Bad words are a no no.  They are playing like crap.  Any idiot knows that.  Why are they playing like crap?   You don’t really know so it either must be lack of leadership, lack of motivation, lack of hustle, or any other reason you can come up with.  

It could be that Henderson is mentally tired, physically tired, or just plain slumping and pressing.  I don’t know either but I’m pretty sure it’s got nothing to do with the BS (see you can say bad words without saying them) you’re spouting.   The team sucks right now.  But they don’t suck.   When they start playing better we’ll have to listen to guys like you say how good they are and you can see them going all the way.   Good grief.   Pale Hose message board is calling.   They need loser fans.   I know a few.

• Upvote 1

Wish the Os had made a strong push for Estevez.  I feel Elias' risk aversion to drafting pitchers early in the draft is coming back to bite him.  It appears teams trading pitchers want pitching back instead of position players.

16 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So if the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox continue to play poorly it won’t matter who wins the division. They will get bounced when the playoffs arrives. I haven’t given up but they are playing like crap. Losing is one thing errors, dropped pop ups, bad throwing errors , misplayed flyballs, lack of hustle  ….Where is the veteran leadership by Santander? The manager and his coaches? 

I think Hays and Mullins have supplied a lot of the veteran leadership.  With Hays sulking and now gone and Mullins probably preoccupied with his own slumping, veteran leadership has probably been hard to find.  Burnes would probably say his leadership is showing up to pitch every 5th day.  Maybe Adley has been distracted by his new gf and it has affected his game.  Who knows what has affected Gunnar.  Going to be in 3rd place in AL East soon if O's don't snap out of it.

32 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

This is how I read those leaves too. 

Yup. I agree. Gunnar seems like he needs a day or so off. No other real option for SS. Why not get Holliday some reps there. 

We need a players only meeting. Hyde isn’t the one not hitting. The pitching has its flaws. We know that. The hitting and defense stuff needs to be addressed. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Bad words are a no no.  They are playing like crap.  Any idiot knows that.  Why are they playing like crap?   You don’t really know so it either must be lack of leadership, lack of motivation, lack of hustle, or any other reason you can come up with.  

It could be that Henderson is mentally tired, physically tired, or just plain slumping and pressing.  I don’t know either but I’m pretty sure it’s got nothing to do with the BS (see you can say bad words without saying them) you’re spouting.   The team sucks right now.  But they don’t suck.   When they start playing better we’ll have to listen to guys like you say how good they are and you can see them going all the way.   Good grief.  message board is calling.   They need loser fans.   I know a few.

Noted …Shove your insults up your keister 😉

8 minutes ago, baltfan said:

They’re big boys.  I’m sure Gunnar is beating himself up over it and everyone else is telling him to relax and we wouldn’t be where we are without you.   I don’t think he needs an arm around him on the field.  A few words of encouragement in the locker room.   These guys are tight.   

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The problem is that he’s playing poorly also. The team leader at this moment should be Santander. Maybe Burnes could step up …he’s certainly a veteran. 

Honestly, Burnes seems to stay to himself.  Santander seems like a nice guy but not a ra ra guy.  Hyde needs to be a better leader. These guys aren’t used to adversity. 

• Upvote 1