The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They’re big boys.  I’m sure Gunnar is beating himself up over it and everyone else is telling him to relax and we wouldn’t be where we are without you.   I don’t think he needs an arm around him on the field.  A few words of encouragement in the locker room.   These guys are tight.   

How about in the dugout.  Maybe Kremer should have done it.  Pick one another up. 

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think Hays and Mullins have supplied a lot of the veteran leadership.  With Hays sulking and now gone and Mullins probably preoccupied with his own slumping, veteran leadership has probably been hard to find.  Burnes would probably say his leadership is showing up to pitch every 5th day.  Maybe Adley has been distracted by his new gf and it has affected his game.  Who knows what has affected Gunnar.  Going to be in 3rd place in AL East soon if O's don't snap out of it.

I get it … But they are playing poorly. They deserve the criticism as bad as they are playing. When they are good they deserve praise. They are not playing fundamentally sound baseball. I don’t mind losing …it happens but the way they’ve been losing is unacceptable.

Just now, baltfan said:

How about in the dugout.  Maybe Kremer should have done it.  Pick one another up. 

Gunnar was probably more pissed than down.  When a teammate is pissed you usually let them be.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

So the Phillies upgraded their pen and their outfield and it only cost them a couple of middling prospects.

Pretty shrewd series of moves.

When you get a rental and a mediocre at best OFer, there is only so much you will trade.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

When you get a rental and a mediocre at best OFer, there is only so much you will trade.

That mediocre outfielder is a solid upgrade for them, and it is yet to be seen if we're going to adequately replace him.

And that rental reliever would probably be our best bullpen arm.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That mediocre outfielder is a solid upgrade for them, and it is yet to be seen if we're going to adequately replace him.

And that rental reliever would probably be our best bullpen arm.

Yea he’s a guy I wanted but they likely want a lefty. Would have been good to add 2 more guys really.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because he’s really good

22 Earned runs in 44 innings, a 5 ERA, 8.5 H/9 plus 2.5 walks. I see he strikes out a lot of guys. Looking he was much better last year…  17 ER In 53 innings.