Friday 6/7 @ Tampa Bay

86this

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I'm with you, though I'm not sure his roster replacement is guaranteed to be any better. 

I’m pretty sure Cowser in CF and Stowers in LF is gonna be more production.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

We have very few wins like that.

I think the run scoring environment is down in baseball and people just haven't adjusted for that.   We lead the majors at a bit over 5 runs per game, and there are only 2 or 3 teams that are scoring that much.   Scoring is down.

So a night like tonight, where we have 4 runs in 6 innings, seems like we aren't hitting well.   But it is actually quite good.

Add that to the general game thread mentality that every time we got a couple innings without scoring it's "sleepwalking", and selective memory, and people start to believe our offense isn't very good.

We have 4 runs in 6 innings and the majority of the comments on our offense have been negative.  A guy who started year as our #5 starter and has allowed 2 runs in 5 innings and is still pitching in the 6th .... yet most of the comments here about his pitching are negative.

In a recent game thread someone posted that they could barely stand to watch our games because of our scoring droughts and other perceived flaws,   And I think we had won 7 of 8 games at the time!!!!!   

The gap between perception and reality in the game thread is enormous.

We need our pitching to be able to win when we score 4 runs.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We have very few wins like that.

I think the run scoring environment is down in baseball and people just haven't adjusted for that.   We lead the majors at a bit over 5 runs per game, and there are only 2 or 3 teams that are scoring that much.   Scoring is down.

So a night like tonight, where we have 4 runs in 6 innings, seems like we aren't hitting well.   But it is actually quite good.

Add that to the general game thread mentality that every time we got a couple innings without scoring it's "sleepwalking", and selective memory, and people start to believe our offense isn't very good.

We have 4 runs in 6 innings and the majority of the comments on our offense have been negative.  A guy who started year as our #5 starter and has allowed 2 runs in 5 innings and is still pitching in the 6th .... yet most of the comments here about his pitching are negative.

In a recent game thread someone posted that they could barely stand to watch our games because of our scoring droughts and other perceived flaws,   And I think we had won 7 of 8 games at the time!!!!!   

The gap between perception and reality in the game thread is enormous.

I don’t post often, but I have certainly been guilty of this.  My youth was the steroid era and I find myself comparing to that frequently.  It’s clearly a far different game now.