Russ Ortiz 6 Scoreless Today

WiredinBmore

Wouldn't Arizona be the team that is cursed in this case, since they payed him millions not to pitch while the O's only payed a prorated portion of the league minimum for him to stink it up for a couple months?

Wouldn't Arizona be the team that is cursed in this case' date=' since they payed him millions [i']not to pitch[/i] while the O's only payed a prorated portion of the league minimum for him to stink it up for a couple months?

I didn't know the Orioles curse hinged on money, etc. I thought it was you come here and you are worse and you leave and you get better. In this case he is a part of it.

I didn't know the Orioles curse hinged on money, etc. I thought it was you come here and you are worse and you leave and you get better. In this case he is a part of it.

I guess my point was that he was already bad when he was dumped by the Diamondbacks, and the O's just figured they'd throw some s#%! on the wall to see if it stuck. I wouldn't point to that as an example of the Orioles curse. Especially, as others have pointed out, since his outing Friday doesn't exactly prove anything.

Archived