What does the Bradish injury really mean?

Sports Guy

I can hold out hope that the tests come back clean while being prepared for the likelihood that he’s gone for a very long time. I guess I’m just gifted or something. 😂

Even if we get a best case scenario, this is a wake up call that relying on Bradish to be a critical component of playoff success in 2024 is high risk…..which is code for foolish. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Did I say he was definitely out for 2025?

I think it’s safe to say he’s in real trouble of finishing this season and maybe not even pitching in 2025.

Did you?  Actually I didn't say you said definitely.  You suggested it as a real possibility.  That was my point. 

Just now, UMDTerrapins said:

I can hold out hope that the tests come back clean while being prepared for the likelihood that he’s gone for a very long time. I guess I’m just gifted or something. 😂

Even if we get a best case scenario, this is a wake up call that relying on Bradish to be a critical component of playoff success in 2024 is high risk…..which is code for foolish. 

Correct.  He’s obviously going on the IL and will, at best, be out for some time for his elbow to “calm down”.

And even if we get really lucky, it’s another sign that we can’t rely on him to be here in October.

1 minute ago, thegardner said:

I think it’s safe to say he’s in real trouble of finishing this season and maybe not even pitching in 2025.

Did you?  Actually I didn't say you said definitely.  You suggested it as a real possibility.  That was my point. 

Well it’s obviously a real possibility.  You would have to be extremely dense not to recognize that.

And your words were “you already have him out for 2025”.  Saying that means I’m saying definitely.  I’m obviously not…but it’s a damn good possibility.

Edited by Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I agree…but that doesn’t mean desperation doesn’t occur.

We’ve rarely if ever seen Elias move out of desperation. Not even sure Bradish fully out would convince him to trade for a SP. Though it’d certainly up the need for pitching of some sort. 

Told ya they should have kept giving him extra rest.

I suppose it means we are down to a five man rotation plus Kremer, so more opportunity for Povich. Plan A would be to see if Suarez and Irvin can keep doing what they are doing, and hopefully they are working on a Plan B. 

Have they confirmed an actual injury? All I am seeing from Roch is he was pulled at 74. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Told ya they should have kept giving him extra rest.

I suppose it means we are down to a five man rotation plus Kremer, so more opportunity for Povich. Plan A would be to see if Suarez and Irvin can keep doing what they are doing, and hopefully they are working on a Plan B. 

Have they confirmed an actual injury? All I am seeing from Roch is he was pulled at 74. 

He told Hyde his elbow was hurting.

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

Based on Elias track record he will try to get by with what we have. He will wait until a few of Povich, Suarez, Irvin, Kremer falter.

Elias’ track record really doesn’t mean anything. He’s never been in a go for the whole thing mode before, even last year.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Elias’ track record really doesn’t mean anything. He’s never been in a go for the whole thing mode before, even last year.

And what tells you he’s in that mode now? The Burnes trade was to prevent this day from a sky is falling scenario.

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

And what tells you he’s in that mode now? The Burnes trade was to prevent this day from a sky is falling scenario.

Because I don’t believe he will believe that going with Kremer and Irvin in games 3 and 4 is our best way to win a title…especially with a shaky pen.

If you are going to go after starter it has to be one with multiple years of control. Now that doesn’t mean by the time the deadline hits there isn’t a need for another #5 type SP as well. 

Elias is not the type to panic and he won’t do it here. That said he knows Burnes is here for just this year. Crochet/Brebbia and perhaps Kopech if the Orioles think they can work with him make a ton of sense.