Sunday, June 16th vs. Philadelphia

elextrano8

It's not hard to see someone outbid the Orioles on Burnes. But if I was him, I would have to think about whether taking 200 mil instead of 150 mil is worth it when you are feeling right at home in Camden Yards and you have a chance to compete for a WS every year for the next five years.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

It's not hard to see someone outbid the Orioles on Burnes. But if I was him, I would have to think about whether taking 200 mil instead of 150 mil is worth it when you are feeling right at home in Camden Yards and you have a chance to compete for a WS every year for the next five years.

I think the players association would push back on a 50M loss for a player. I also think that Burnes wants as much money as possible and wouldn't take a 50M cut for any team.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

It wouldn't be worth 50 million to me.

50, well it's a lot of millions.

My guess is whatever team signs him is going to have a chance to compete for a WS.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Ha has said he has dreamed about free agency and is going to test the market.  He can choose from a lot of really good teams to go to.  

10 straight quality starts for Burnes.   Two short of Palmer's team record.   Guess he could tie it the first game of the Rangers series  on the 28th.   (98 Rock night, Joan Jett at the splash station!).

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Ha has said he has dreamed about free agency and is going to test the market.  He can choose from a lot of really good teams to go to.  

I've yet to see a MLB player take the equivalent of a mid level exemption to chase a ring.

28 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Anybody still afraid of the big bad Phills?? 

Anybody still think that they are on another tier/level? 👀👀 

It's a 3-game series. It was very close for 20+ innings.