This team isn’t winning anything unless it trades Holliday, Bassallo or Mayo

DirtyBird

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Go #@$% yourself. 

Temper, temper.   I must have hit a nerve.  You really were throwing a tantrum.  Damn!   I’m sorry.  I really had no idea.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Cole Irvin is our #2 starter?

Things are even worse than I thought.

LoL.  Yeah, Irvin #3 couldn’t go 5.  GRod #2 got blown out.  Burnes was ok but not a stopper, Suarez is trending towards a pumpkin, Kremer is getting bombed in rehab, and the offense was totally shut down Saturday and Sunday.   And we still went 6-6 against Atlanta, Philly, Yanks, and a resurgent Astros team.  It’s called a bump or maybe a valley.  Try not to panic.  Wait, I’m too late.

IMO you trade JH for a boatload and don't think twice about it.  He can barely play second in my eyes (he can barely throw to first base) so unless you move him to the outfield what good is he defensively?  Plus he looked completely over matched batting when he was here.  Yes I understand he is young but he didn't flash at all.  Not one bit.  He looked like a little kid against men.  Not some baseball savant.  He always looks as if he has no athletic ability besides playing baseball at all.    Just a kid who was trained to play baseball since he was 2 and he has already reached his peak. 

Now he has an 'elbow' injury.  He has Dylan Bundy written all over him which is why if the Os are smart they trade him for pitching help NOW. 

Mayo and Bassallo on the other hand have shown flashes and actually seem athletic to me.  Keep them.

Trade Heston and JH and try to get pitching for this year and 2025.   You can win the WS now.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

IMO you trade JH for a boatload and don't think twice about it.  He can barely play second in my eyes (he can barely throw to first base) so unless you move him to the outfield what good is he defensively?  Plus he looked completely over matched batting when he was here.  Yes I understand he is young but he didn't flash at all.  Not one bit.  He looked like a little kid against men.  Not some baseball savant.  He always looks as if he has no athletic ability besides playing baseball at all.    Just a kid who was trained to play baseball since he was 2 and he has already reached his peak. 

Now he has an 'elbow' injury.  He has Dylan Bundy written all over him which is why if the Os are smart they trade him for pitching help NOW. 

Mayo and Bassallo on the other hand have shown flashes and actually seem athletic to me.  Keep them.

Trade Heston and JH and try to get pitching for this year and 2025.   You can win the WS now.  

Holliday has Dylan Buddy written all over him.  What does that even mean?

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

LoL.  Yeah, Irvin #3 couldn’t go 5.  GRod #2 got blown out.  Burnes was ok but not a stopper, Suarez is trending towards a pumpkin, Kremer is getting bombed in rehab, and the offense was totally shut down Saturday and Sunday.   And we still went 6-6 against Atlanta, Philly, Yanks, and a resurgent Astros team.  It’s called a bump or maybe a valley.  Try not to panic.  Wait, I’m too late.

Guess what. This current roster isn’t winning the World Series. We aren’t going to fill the holes with a package minus our top 3 prospects.

And next year’s pitching situation looks even worse.

I don't know why I'm jumping into this cause I think it went off the rails a while ago. I just do not agree with the premise of this thread. Our pitching needs are such, it's going to take a chunk out of our farm system to rectify - not just one top prospect. We can bitch, cry, and point fingers re why we are here but we need starting and relief pitching and if we are going to be successful, IMO some will have to come from within by players stepping up. Plus, I don't see Elias and Co. going for it they way some on here would subscribe. Shit happens and we are in the middle of a leach field. The Mountain - Wells - Means - Bradish - Coulombe - maybe Kramer. That's a hell of a mountain to climb or trade your way out of in one season. I trust that whatever Elias does, it will be with and eye on the future - not just 2024. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Guess what. This current roster isn’t winning the World Series. We aren’t going to fill the holes with a package minus our top 3 prospects.

I’m actually optimistic now. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Yes.  We can.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Holliday has Dylan Buddy written all over him.  What does that even mean?

Dylan and Holiday were both trained by their dads since they were in the crib to play baseball.  It is really all they have ever done as their dads obsessively made them train and play baseball.   That is all they did.  Read about it. 

By the time Bundy hit age 20?  He was burned out mentally.  Had reached his peak as far as talent, and the injuries started to happen.

I see this in  JH.   I don't see elite athletic ability.  I see a kid who has trained physically his entire life to play baseball, hence why he was always ahead of kids his age.   But now?  He is peaked out.  Now that he is starting to hit is low 20s and the other more athletic kids are catching up.

He is never going to be who people said he was going to be.  He even says his younger bro, who is taller and bigger, is a better athlete and baseball player.   He is 6'4" and 195.  He dwarfs Jackson and is a way better overall athlete. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Dylan and Holiday were both trained by their dads since they were in the crib to play baseball.  It is really all they have ever done as their dads obsessively made them train and play baseball.   That is all they did.  Read about it. 

By the time Bundy hit age 20?  He was burned out mentally.  Had reached his peak as far as talent, and the injuries started to happen.

I see this in  JH.   I don't see elite athletic ability.  I see a kid who has trained physically his entire life to play baseball, hence why he was always ahead of kids his age.   But now?  He is peaked out.  Now that he is starting to hit is low 20s and the other more athletic kids are catching up.

He is never going to be who people said he was going to be.  He even says his younger bro, who is taller and bigger, is a better athlete and baseball player.   He is 6'4" and 195.  He dwarfs Jackson and is a way better overall athlete. 

Bundy was burned out mentally by 20?    Where can I read that?

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Bundy was burned out mentally by 20?    Where can I read that?

I think his career clearly shows that.   He never got better after age 20-22 like most elite pitchers/players.  He only started to decline and get injured.

JH is going to be the same imo.  

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I think his career clearly shows that.   He never got better after age 20-22 like most elite pitchers/players.  He only started to decline and get injured.

JH is going to be the same imo.  

Ok.  It’s your speculation.  Bundy’s decline could have had more to do with the diminished stuff from the TJ surgery and the calcium deposits in his shoulder.   Maybe. Just saying.   We know that stuff happened.  

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

One game and it all goes off the rails!  It's all swirling down the crapper now!  Our #3 starter couldn't get 5 innings, time to trade Basallo and Holliday and Mayo!

Don’t we need to acquire some good starters?

what we need is going to cost something. if our farm is as deep as everyone says, we should be able to work out a workable payment plan. Unfortunately, everybody wants pitching and that’s the one thing we don’t have.