Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

She literally video'd herself in his bed that morning with no marks on her whatsoever, and texted her friend that she was going to get $$$ from Bauer. 

Not to mention, I am not into the whole weird sex stuff?  But lots of people are.   Including lots of major league baseball players I am sure.  As long as 2 consenting adults agree?  They can do whatever they want behind closed doors as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anything.  

She liked to chase celebrities.  She was linked to Tatis Jr.  Heck, even comedian Theo Von admitted that he had taken her out.  She's an attractive young woman in her 20's that sent some texts to her friends that look bad.  We don't text like that.  Those texts weren't meant for the general public.  

She didn't accuse Tatis of this.  Just like other women have come out against Bauer.  Bauer is a weirdo.  

Let's just get it out there... Is it normal to strictly want to choke out every woman you have sex with?  Nope.  Serial Killer stuff.  Ted Bundy stuff.  Preying on weaker people because he felt bullied in HS and at UCLA.  

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Bauer might be totally innocent.  Which begs the questions.

1. Is MLB just using this against him because they don’t like him?

2. Why did the arbitrator not totally absolve him?

3. Why isn’t the players union fighting harder for him?

You are forgetting the world in which we now live.  It is a hyper Me Too, woke, canceling world......and was probably even worse when the Bauer news first broke a few years ago.    As a entity like MLB, and really all sports including the NFL, they were tripping all over each other to appear as woke and progressive as possible.   Womens rights.  BLM.   LQTBZXJER etc.  We still see it.   She accused him then and NO ONE was going to rush to his defense at the time because if they did?   They could have been canceled too.    

It is a very dangerous world and times in which we live right now when it comes to woke.  You either go along with it publicly, or get labeled all kinds of horrible things.  Sucked for him because as I said, it all came out right when that stuff was exploding. 

• Upvote 1

If Darcy Esemonu were the only woman making the charges I would argue that he should be reinstated.  According to public reports she clearly was out to extort him.  But there were three other women, two of whom sought restraining orders against him, who came forward to accuse him of sexual assault.  None of them, to my knowledge, have filed a civil suit against him.  These charges extend back to his time as a minor league player in 2013 - 2014.  Bauer has been placed on administrative leave on 9 different occasions.   I think there's a reason he reason he remains a pariah.   https://www.truebluela.com/2022/3/11/22973493/trevor-bauer-administrative-leave-mlb-investigation

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

In any case, I think Bauer should have been more careful about the type of women he had relations with.  He really should also see a psychologist/psychiatrist.

That I for sure agree with.  He was a young, rich, cocky guy and we all know what young men can be like when it comes to the opposite sex.  Uncontrollable lol.   He should have been way more careful about who he met up with and when I read the story about the one major incident, my first thought was "what a freaking idiot" for meeting so many random women like that. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

She liked to chase celebrities.  She was linked to Tatis Jr.  Heck, even comedian Theo Von admitted that he had taken her out.  She's an attractive young woman in her 20's that sent some texts to her friends that look bad.  We don't text like that.  Those texts weren't meant for the general public.  

She didn't accuse Tatis of this.  Just like other women have come out against Bauer.  Bauer is a weirdo.  

Let's just get it out there... Is it normal to strictly want to choke out every woman you have sex with?  Nope.  Serial Killer stuff.  Ted Bundy stuff.  Preying on weaker people because he felt bullied in HS and at UCLA.  

As I said, as long as it is consensual and no one (or animal lol) gets hurt (and no one did here in reality as she made it all up) what people do behind closed doors is up to them.  I don't care. 

6 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

If Darcy Esemonu were the only woman making the charges I would argue that he should be reinstated.  According to public reports she clearly was out to extort him.  But there were three other women, two of whom sought restraining orders against him, who came forward to accuse him of sexual assault.  None of them, to my knowledge, have filed a civil suit against him.  These charges extend back to his time as a minor league player in 2013 - 2014.  Bauer has been placed on administrative leave on 9 different occasions.   I think there's a reason he reason he remains a pariah.   https://www.truebluela.com/2022/3/11/22973493/trevor-bauer-administrative-leave-mlb-investigation

Nor has he been charged or convicted.   Not saying this is the case, but all it takes is one woman to accuse him of something 10 years ago, other women see that, and you can have all kinds of copy cats trying to get paid.   They see an angle and take it. 

That being said, even if he didn't do anything illegal with any of those women, he was still a complete idiot for continuing to meet up with strange random women knowing that he was gaining this reputation and people could use that to exploit him.  If I was in his position I would have been extra extra careful to avoid any chance of any girl accusing me of anything.  He seemed to not care.  

So if you want to not bring him on the team because he is tremendously stupid?  I could get behind that haha. 

8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There’s a huge difference between being “not guilty” and “innocent”. Only 13 out of 1000 rape cases even get referred to a prosecutor. 

These are terrible crimes that are extremely hard to legally prosecute.

So the fact that multiple women accused him. That same woman had hooked up with multiple famous men. She only accused Bauer. Clevenger and Bauer were into beating and raping women. 

A huge difference? That doesn’t even make sense. We live in a society where you’re presumed innocent and the onus is on the state to prove your guilt. No one is found innocent. They’re found guilty or not guilty because their innocence is already presumed. 

As far as Bauer goes, it’s most likely not going to happen, so it doesn’t really matter. He would seem to be vindicated, seeing as how his accusers have been shown to be full of it. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You are forgetting the world in which we now live.  It is a hyper Me Too, woke, canceling world......and was probably even worse when the Bauer news first broke a few years ago.    As a entity like MLB, and really all sports including the NFL, they were tripping all over each other to appear as woke and progressive as possible.   Womens rights.  BLM.   LQTBZXJER etc.  We still see it.   She accused him then and NO ONE was going to rush to his defense at the time because if they did?   They could have been canceled too.    

It is a very dangerous world and times in which we live right now when it comes to woke.  You either go along with it publicly, or get labeled all kinds of horrible things.  Sucked for him because as I said, it all came out right when that stuff was exploding. 

Woke. Cancel culture.  Dangerous.  Stop scaring me.

2]

In 2021, Watson was sued by more than two dozen female massage therapists for sexual harassment and sexual assault.[3][4] Watson has denied any wrongdoing while settling 20 claims of sexual misconduct.[5]Disagreements with the Texans' front office and multiple sexual-misconduct lawsuits kept Watson out for the entire 2021 season and eventually led to a trade to the Browns in 2022, where he signed a five-year contract worth $230 million, one of the largest contracts in NFL history.[6][7]

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

A huge difference? That doesn’t even make sense. We live in a society where you’re presumed innocent and the onus is on the state to prove your guilt. No one is found innocent. They’re found guilty or not guilty because their innocence is already presumed. 

As far as Bauer goes, it’s most likely not going to happen, so it doesn’t really matter. He would seem to be vindicated, seeing as how his accusers have been shown to be full of it. 

I live in the Los Angeles area and used to have a lot of connections and friends that were either somewhat famous or knew people who are famous.  For example I have not seen him in 3 years now, but myself and  Kato Kailen of OJ Simpson fame used to hang out quite a bit and have played countless hours or poker together.  The stories he used to tell me about people in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area would BLOW YOUR MIND.   Just so much debauchery and bizarre  stuff happens EVERY SINGLE NIGHT at some of these LA mansions and get togethers.    I mean I can not even begin to tell you how strange some of these people are and the stuff that they do.    It is a totally different world. 

Anyway, he would tell me that even he, I mean at best a D list celeb at the time, had been approached and propositioned many times by women that he KNEW were only out to get either $ or fame from him.  In S Cal it is like breathing to some of these women to go after wealthy athletes and celebs.   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Woke. Cancel culture.  Dangerous.  Stop scaring me.

2]

In 2021, Watson was sued by more than two dozen female massage therapists for sexual harassment and sexual assault.[3][4] Watson has denied any wrongdoing while settling 20 claims of sexual misconduct.[5]Disagreements with the Texans' front office and multiple sexual-misconduct lawsuits kept Watson out for the entire 2021 season and eventually led to a trade to the Browns in 2022, where he signed a five-year contract worth $230 million, one of the largest contracts in NFL history.[6][7]

Not sure what this has to do with Bauer?

And while I do think that D Watson is a complete weirdo for doing what he did when he could have dated lots of girls and had sexual relations for free, I don't think he was ever accused of assaulting anyone.  Just paid to get a lot of happy endings haha.  Which is a whole different controversial topic.   

I am going to look ridiculous here. I have not researched Bauer's problems and the knowledge I have comes from posts here. So, I thought I would educate myself a bit. I have read a few articles online but they are about the woman charged with fraud and another who texted about how to get his money.   This is weird.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

Not sure what this has to do with Bauer?

And while I do think that D Watson is a complete weirdo for doing what he did when he could have dated lots of girls and had sexual relations for free, I don't think he was ever accused of assaulting anyone.  Just paid to get a lot of happy endings haha.  Which is a whole different controversial topic.   

Dude, can you read?   He was accused by 20 women of sexual assault.   You don’t understand what that has to do with Bauer?   You just told me that MLB felt pressure from Me Too and had to suspend him and keep him out of baseball to satisfy the cancel culture.

So why didn’t the NFL cancel DeShaun Watson instead of rewarding him with one of the largest contracts in NFL history?

27 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I'm tired of talking about it so lets just not skirt around the two biggest issues,

1.  There is a huge difference between "not guilty" and innocent.

2.  It is not normal as a man to choke out a woman to her being unconscious in every sexual encounter they have.  I'm tired of the connotations of "I must be too vanilla" to understand.  I'm sorry.  That's bizarre.  Ted Bundy stuff.  

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Dude, can you read?   He was accused by 20 women of sexual assault.   You don’t understand what that has to do with Bauer?   You just told me that MLB felt pressure from Me Too and had to suspend him and keep him out of baseball to satisfy the cancel culture.

So why didn’t the NFL cancel DeShaun Watson instead of rewarding him with one of the largest contracts in NFL history?

Very simple.  He didn't assault them.  So that is wrong.    As in he never physically hurt them or forced them to do something against their will at the time through actual violence or threats.  If he had?  Trust me he would be in jail for the rest of his life.  Watson wasn't charged with physical violence. “It is undisputed that Mr. Watson's conduct does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension,”.

What he did is termed sexual coercion.  In other words paying them....or in some cases probably threatening to not pay them for a massage...unless he gave them those happy endings.     Which is a lot different than what Bauer was accused of.