Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

12 minutes ago, Osornot said:

I am going to look ridiculous here. I have not researched Bauer's problems and the knowledge I have comes from posts here. So, I thought I would educate myself a bit. I have read a few articles online but they are about the woman charged with fraud and another who texted about how to get his money.   This is weird.

That is pretty much my read on things. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm tired of talking about it so lets just not skirt around the two biggest issues,

1.  There is a huge difference between "not guilty" and innocent.

2.  It is not normal as a man to choke out a woman to her being unconscious in every sexual encounter they have.  I'm tired of the connotations of "I must be too vanilla" to understand.  I'm sorry.  That's bizarre.  Ted Bundy stuff.  

Are you really comparing a guy having rough sex to a serial killer? lol. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Very simple.  He didn't assault them.  So that is wrong.    As in he never physically hurt them or forced them to do something against their will at the time through actual violence or threats.  If he had?  Trust me he would be in jail for the rest of his life.  Watson wasn't charged with physical violence. “It is undisputed that Mr. Watson's conduct does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension,”.

What he did is termed sexual coercion.  In other words paying them....or in some cases probably threatening to not pay them for a massage...unless he gave them those happy endings.     Which is a lot different than what Bauer was accused of. 

I meant unless THEY gave him those HE's.   Wish I could edit my posts. 

3 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Are you really comparing a guy having rough sex to a serial killer? lol. 

Yup.  Some of these guys imo have a very narrow minded and kool aid/rainbow and puppy dog colored view of what is reality.....and what isn't.   Trust me many of these players, including some players on the Os I am sure, are not choir boys.  

A guy liked to have rough sex.   And???????   So what.  Who cares.  How does that affect the Orioles?  He hasn't been charged with anything.

Sign him. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yup.  Some of these guys imo have a very narrow minded and kool aid/rainbow and puppy dog colored view of what is reality.....and what isn't.   Trust me many of these players, including some players on the Os I am sure, are not choir boys.  

A guy liked to have rough sex.   And???????   So what.  Who cares.  How does that affect the Orioles?  He hasn't been charged with anything.

Sign him. 

I’ll never disrespect older people, especially older Orioles fans. However, the majority of this board is over 50/60 years old. It’s just a different generation. 

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Did you check out the hitting talent.  This isn’t even AAA.   This is AA level.   It’s a glorified over 40 hardball league.

Not saying Bauer isn’t ML caliber but his stats in this league mean less than zero.

I think if the talent was AA level more of them would make it to MLB. I have to think it's even lower.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think if the talent was AA level more of them would make it to MLB. I have to think it's even lower.

Here is a video he just released 2 days ago.  He goes into his pitching during a recent Mexican games and what he was having problems with and what was working and what wasn't.

Pretty interesting.    He can still sling it.    He has been up around 96 or 97 but was down to the low 90s this game.

Also.....he seems like a completely normal person and not this monster that some here think. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Here is a video he just released 2 days ago.  He goes into his pitching during a recent Mexican games and what he was having problems with and what was working and what wasn't.

Pretty interesting.    He can still sling it.    He has been up around 96 or 97 but was down to the low 90s this game.

Also.....he seems like a completely normal person and not this monster that some here think. 

What I really found interesting here is he talks into the mic and gives his thoughts between each pitch and how he wants to throw each pitch. 

Golf has gone this route recently....having players talk in between shots.   Really interesting to see what a guy thinks in the middle of a sporting competition.