5 losses in a row. Baltimore...we have a problem. Thread revisit...O's have no way to win the WS unless...

OnlyOneOriole

I do not write this post to sound ultra one way or the other.    In other words I am an not an extremist.  I am however a realist. 

The facts are this.   The Os have lost 5 in a row and have lost 3 of their starting 5 pitchers.  Add on top of that their top middle reliever and maybe the best closer in baseball.  All since last August or so.

The injuries have added up and added up.  And trust me Jackson Holliday is not coming to save the day. 

IMO the Os need to trade at a minimum Jackson Holliday, Heston, and another decent prospect from AA. 

All for pitching.  And by pitching I mean a Big time starter under control for at least 2 or 3 years and 1 if not 2 relievers.

Because as the Os are situated now?  

I will say it again, just like I said last YEAR.....when I was proven right. 

The Os have no chance to win the ALCS, much less the WS, with the team they have.    NOW.

Before the pitching injuries?  Yes. I would have said they can.  I mean I love Means.  I love Bradish.  I love FB.  All 3 are potential all stars.  And add in the other injuries?

We are screwed unless we make trades. 

I would start with signing Trevor Bauer.  He throws 97 and is hungry.  Go from there.

• Downvote 3

I’m all for trading, but I don’t think we are going to get any adequate pitching back. I don’t think it’s wise to say specifically whom we should trade, just be open to trading anyone if the return is good.

But I don’t think 1) we can get enough good pitching to completely fill our needs and 2) Mike will pay the now much higher prices for good pitching.

So we’re stuck, except for more waiver claims and cash considerations pickups.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What happened to “it’s okay if we don’t make the playoffs”?   😯

That was last year.   O's are, or were primed to win this year before all of the injuries.

Remember one of my biggest wishes when I made that thread last year was to sign or trade for a a pitching stud.

Which they did with Burnes.

Yo, @OnlyOneOriole how come you always say you were right when you “sensed” we were about to fade on August 12, 2023.  From August 12 thru the end of the year we went 29-16.    Do you feel like you got that one right?

“And that team still didn't win anything.  The playoffs are a different animal.  Right now we are a good team playing above our water line.  But I sense we are starting to fade and again....that is ok.  It is great experience for the coming years. “

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

That was last year.   O's are, or were primed to win this year before all of the injuries.

Remember one of my biggest wishes when I made that thread last year was to sign or trade for a a pitching stud.

Which they did with Burnes.

I was joking.  🙂

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No one likes victory lapping more than this dude to say "I told you so."

If the Orioles won 5 in a row, he wouldn't be here.  He seldom pops up when things are going well but when things aren't looking so good?  He's out in force.

You say enough stupid sh— some of it is bound to come true.  I just don’t get the joy that some of these same posters seem to get when things don’t go well.  

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yo, @OnlyOneOriole how come you always say you were right when you “sensed” we were about to fade on August 12, 2023.  From August 12 thru the end of the year we went 29-16.    Do you feel like you got that one right?

“And that team still didn't win anything.  The playoffs are a different animal.  Right now we are a good team playing above our water line.  But I sense we are starting to fade and again....that is ok.  It is great experience for the coming years. “

Remember what my thread was about?

Did they win the WS last year?  Or even a playoff series? 

I will wait for the answer....

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

Remember what my thread was about?

Did they win the WS last year?  Or even a playoff series? 

I will wait for the answer....

They did not.  Did they fade down the stretch like you sensed they would?  I will wait for the answer.

• Haha 1