Heston Kjerstad 2024

Something will give between Santander and Kjerstad this off-season - either Santander won’t come back and Kjerstad slots in RF or Kjerstad is dealt. 

Right now, the current version of Mullins that is competent offensively is a better overall player than Kjerstad, especially allowing Cowser to play LF at OPACY.

1 hour ago, deward said:

No chance Santander settles for 2 years this off-season.

I tend to agree with you.   I was only stating what I'd "like" to see happen.   If he gets some 5-year deal somewhere, there's no way I'd try to match that.   I would definitely make him the qualifying offer, though.

On 7/27/2024 at 4:25 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Nice Jones homage there by Machado.

Catchable of course. Routine, probably not. We all have heRd he is shaky so we are going to evaluate everything we see. That was not an "easy" play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTBear said:

It’s true. Not many sluggers age gracefully like Nelson Cruz. He’s a switch hitting competent RF having a monster season though so I’ve gotta think he gets more than Soler’s 3/$42mm. 

If we could get Santander for 3/42, I'd do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah he was pretty good.  I thought he was doing well.  But after he got hit he wasn't the same guy.  Seemed stunned to me.  Like in a haze.

That's quite possible.  Hopefully he kicks butt in AAA and returns soon.

Edited by Greg Pappas

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah he was pretty good.  I thought he was doing well.  But after he got hit he wasn't the same guy.  Seemed stunned to me.  Like in a haze.

First of all, he had more than a week out of action in concussion protocol . His timing wasnt there. He did get a hit after he came back but I'll agree he didnt seem 100%. It takes time to recover, and I assure you he will be back and better. He's just got too much talent to be denied. And he won't be.