6/29 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

8 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Looked like he didn’t get it all and it still went out. Ridiculous power. 

Yes, he did not get all of it....Heston is going to hit one that goes close to 500 feet one of these days as his power is absolutely massive.  He is the most likely player on the team to hit one off the warehouse on the fly

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

we dont have Kimbrel, Cano(good) Perez, or Webb likely available...were left with Vespi, Baker and Tate...and the kid from Norfolk...not promising..

Stop with the all the positivity, Roy!

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

we dont have Kimbrel, Cano(good) Perez, or Webb likely available...were left with Vespi, Baker and Tate...and the kid from Norfolk...not promising..

Hyde loves to throw the new guy immediately. We will definitely see Krook tonight.

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Right again all the more reason they should have left Povich in. He’s pitched well and was at 85 pitches

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Hyde loves to throw the new guy immediately. We will definitely see Krook tonight.

Not yet. Cano is warming. Hyde running him back out there after his disastrous performance last night 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think for me this specific deal is harder because of Mountie and Kjerstad. Bradfield I don’t care about one bit honestly, and McD I really don’t have a good feel for, other than he’s one of the very few actual prospects at the upper levels for us (pitching wise).    Feels like if we traded Mountie it would help free up at bats for Kjerstad, but that won’t matter if they are both in the deal. Yes we have Mayo but depth then becomes an issue a little bit.  Like I said, glad it’s not my call to make!
    • Are the Tigers going to give up on Torkelson? Seems like Mounty wouldn't be the ML guy they'd want. As it is now we really don't have a long term option at 1B other than Mounty himself anyway. When 2027 rolls around that dust will have settled. Maybe Mayo? If I were to guess the player the Tigers would target, it'd be Westburg. But I think he has entrenched himself to the point he's not going anywhere. Perhaps Kjerstad/McDermott/Norby/Bradfield would get it done? That may seem light, but it is 2 guys in the top 100 and 2 guys that are fringe top 100. Bradfield presents the same problem though. I think the Orioles really view Cowser as the long term LF, to eventually replace Hays. Mullins probably isn't getting an extension. CF is still mostly a mystery long term without Bradfield.
    • If you are the Orioles and have done a great job with drafting and developing and your intl players are starting to bear some fruit, does it bother you to lose Bradfield or McDermott? Thats not to say they aren’t good prospects..I line both and have said I’m penciling McDermott into the rotation next year.  The other side to that is that these aren’t can’t miss elite prospects either, so they can be replaced.
    • Agreed.  Unlike football and basketball, in baseball the 1st round usually should be BPA and not need-based since they're usually multiple years away from making the majors and needs will have changed by then.  That being said, of all the demographics in the draft I'd say a college C is easily the lowest of our needs and I'd be shocked and disappointed if we drafted one with our first pick.
    • Ha! You beat me to it! I was going to point out that the yankees have been mainly relying on a phenomenal May, when they were 21-7. In April they were 15-12 In June, they were only 14-13, but that’s still a winning record. In July, they are 0-4 getting swept by the Reds and so far 0-1 against the Bosox. They have made some embarrassing gaffes in the last couple games, including the LAZIEST double play I ever saw. Lemahieu didn’t get into a run down to allow Volpe to score, and Volpe was lollygagging down the third base line towards home plate, actually watching the play at second, and didn’t touch home before the play was over, so the run didn’t score. Its fair to ask how much the Clubhouse Angst will affect them going forward. Meanwhile, Cortes has apparently gotten over a brief funk, and is pitching well again, but the bullpen is suffering from some malaise. The Orioles have been almost magically consistent, winning 17 games in each full month regardless of opponent.    Good times…
    • The good news is regardless of who is directly chasing us, we’re likely to have to tie breaker on them. We’ve won 5/6 so far from the Sox and 5/7 from the Yanks, so just a couple more wins in the next 6 or 7 games against each is required on that front.    If you actually watch a Yanks game, that’s not a good team right now. They aren’t playing well in the field and the lineup is hot garbage other than the obvious two. Volpe has slumped a bit and was down to sixth in the order the other day, with rookie Ben Rice in the leadoff spot. Grisham is playing basically every day and he’s an awful hitter. Lemahieu’s ghost can’t hit anymore. Verdugo is decent but basically an average hitter. It’s not pretty.    The pitching is of course slumping a bit and may very well bounce back. But Gil has IP issues likely, Cole could get reinjured at any moment, and Rodon is just an enigma.  Holmes has looked vulnerable on the backend a little bit. Our staff has question marks for sure but theirs has its share as well.    We are very clearly the better team on paper. 
    • Glad to see Manny remaining in good graces with the Orioles fans. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now