7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

Just now, Frobby said:

Whew.  That was a lot more work than the previous 3 innings.   I’d probably let him start the 7th but pull him at the first sign of trouble.  

Yep, BP should be rested.

Just now, Frobby said:

Whew.  That was a lot more work than the previous 3 innings.   I’d probably let him start the 7th but pull him at the first sign of trouble.  

As long as it's not Cano.  No more inherited runners for Cano.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That was the roster that he chose to take into battle, then he deserved to be massacred. I lost count, but I think they had four guys on the roster who were useless except at DH or first base. Trumbo “back up and play it on a hop,” and a collection of calamities.
    • Only five days, maybe too many buyers
    • I just watched the end of the Ironbirds' game tonight.  Bottom of the 11th, Birds up 3-2.  Jersey Shore has the bases loaded with no outs.  Infield in and a high bouncer to 2nd and Josenberger throws home, 1 out.  The next batter hits a short fly ball to CF and Bradfield catches it and throws home on a close play, runner called out!  Double-play to end the game.  If that ball had gone 5-10 feet further they wouldn't have gotten the runner going home.
    • I like Buck and am grateful for what he did here.  But he basically admitted that he pushed to make one final run with that core and that it was a mistake.
    • Yeah if he was in Orioles organization and at 20 years old (just turned 21) hitting .325 with 28 homers and 1.011 OPS half the board would be acting like he was future all star and we should be calling him up already.  He seems like a guy that might have been moved up to fast because of signing at 16.  It makes teams push players some because they might lose them in rule 5 if don’t get to majors in time.   I really like Puk because of the 2.5 years but it looks like they got a pretty solid offer and they must have liked it enough.  We don’t know if and what we offered to get him so no point complaining we should have beat.  I think about Norby and Fabian would have been my top offer but they just might not have liked those guys as much and took the DBack offer.  
    • For me the time to start counting is when Adley arrived around May 2022. Since then we’ve had a consistently good team, but we’re not elite and we don’t have prolonged success and you can define the last year and a half anyway you wish, but an elite team is a team that has success over time including playoff success, which we have not had. I’ve said this more than once. You may disagree if you wish and that is fine, but there’s no point to me repeating myself Again 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now