7/6 Game two versus Oakland

accinfo

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Skubal is one of the best pitchers in baseball. The guys you mentioned aren’t even the best players on our roster.

unless you really like the sound of cacophonous laughter, you should never mention that to anybody in Detroit

He's joking.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why not Irvin?   You need someone to eat about 4 innings.

I get that Tate hasn't pitched in a while and was inevitably going to pitch today anyway.

But seems like the ideal spot for Irvin.

Irvin will come in. They have their RH stack lineup so you usually back up your LHP starter with RHP reliever. We're gonna need both Irvin and Tate so might as well ensure Tate gets some favorable matchups.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is forfeiting an option today to save the pitching staff. Or do we see a position player go 2 or 3 innings on the mound.

Yeah, can we institute the mercy rule just this once? :D

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• ^ Oops. I quoted the wrong post. I was talking about KB.
    • With how excited he gets when food is brought to the booth, his next gig may be on The Food Network. Lol
    • Catching Burnes this year: Adley 80 ip 20 SB McCann 63.2 ip 11 SB  
    • We tried the Irvin/Povich/McDemott/Suarez experience for 6 weeks to the tune of disastrous results. They were literally weighing down the team. Just look at the team's ERA with them starting games over the last 6 weeks or look at the team's ERA during that time. All horrible, like at the bottom of the league bad. NONE of those guys (including Irvin) are big league starters right now. Maybe Irvin was in 2021? But not now. He just doesn't have enough talent (stuff + command) to be successful. The more starts he makes (like Suarez) the more he gets exposed, as the league adjust he doesn't have the ability to counter adjust. 
    • I’ll try to stream this tonight if I have time. Thanks for posting the link. 
    • While I agree that we overpaid for Rogers in the sense that I hoped those two players (Norby & Stowers) could have landed us a better player than a #5 starter. I think 2 things factored into the decision for Elias: 1) We needed another competent, credible Major League starter badly! The combination of the 🗑 that we were rolling out there for the 6 weeks prior wasn't competitive and causes us to give away too many games. Look at the negative WAR of pitchers like Povich, Irvin, etc and that says it all. 2) The two players that we traded had no use to us. I know some posters thought that Norby could have stayed because they mistakenly undervalued Holliday's ability based on his 2 and 1/2 weeks with the team in April. But the fact is, Norby was always a placeholder at best and he was simply in Holliday's way. So, Elias had to move him in order to make room for Holliday and to some extent Mayo. Norby and Stowers were never going to be mainstays or serious contributors to the Baltimore Orioles because there was simply no room for them. But I agree on Rogers, he is nothing more than a league average, back of the rotation starter at best. But that is still vastly better than what we had taking the mound every fifth day, which was almost a guaranteed loss.
    • You don’t pay 13M plus trade assets for a #4. And he has an ERA of a 2/3 starter..he has a lot of other stats of a 4/5 guy.
  • Popular Contributors