Fedde Trade

RZNJ

Fedde Trade  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade (Connor Norby or Dylan Beavers) + Jackson Baumeister for Eric Fedde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/24 at 17:29

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think we are about to go a year or so of a down system and after that, it will be about the 2023 and 2024 drafts, as well as the Intl guys.

As good as Elias has been drafting, it’s definitely been a struggle beyond the top few picks, overall.

I also think we see some players traded, which may help replenish some of the system as well.

Next year we will also get the pick back for Burnes.

If Fedde pitches next year as well as he's been pitching this year, we can probably get a pick for him, too

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think we are about to go a year or so of a down system and after that, it will be about the 2023 and 2024 drafts, as well as the Intl guys.

As good as Elias has been drafting, it’s definitely been a struggle beyond the top few picks, overall.

I also think we see some players traded, which may help replenish some of the system as well.

Next year we will also get the pick back for Burnes.

A “down system”?  Even if so, that would be because we graduated the big 3, and made trades for Burnes and our deadline needs this year. What team wouldn’t be “down”?  That still might be good enough for top 10-15. We really need to get Koby Perez the big bucks to lure the big DSL players. 

We’ll be alright. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

A “down system”?  Even if so, that would be because we graduated the big 3, and made trades for Burnes and our deadline needs this year. What team wouldn’t be “down”?  That still might be good enough for top 10-15. We really need to get Koby Perez the big bucks to lure the big DSL players. 

We’ll be alright. 

Well you can do all of those things and still produce a good system, as the Os did after guys like Adley, Grayson, Westburg and Gunnar graduated.

However, they did that because they still had good players from drafts that hadn’t come up yet.

I don’t disagree that at some point, you will see some things run dry…but some bad drafts don’t help that and the Os haven’t been knocking drafts out of the park, especially after the first few picks. 

If we're worried that the farm system is getting thin behind the Big 4, it makes all the more sense to get a guy who will be here next season as well, rather than a pure rental like Scherzer.  

I would absolutely feel more comfortable right now putting Fedde into a postseason starting rotation than Suarez, Kremer or Povich.  It's possible things could look different by October.  Nothing wrong with having four good postseason starters.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you can do all of those things and still produce a good system, as the Os did after guys like Adley, Grayson, Westburg and Gunnar graduated.

However, they did that because they still had good players from drafts that hadn’t come up yet.

I don’t disagree that at some point, you will see some things run dry…but some bad drafts don’t help that and the Os haven’t been knocking drafts out of the park, especially after the first few picks. 

That’s a little too early to tell. Especially after we went pitcher heavy last year and those type of 3-20 arms taking some time to get results out of. It’s not like NCAA hitters where they can be touching Bowie a year after being drafted. 

We’ve been a little spoiled recently with how fast the results have been. And to think… some people think they have the patient for high school players. 

7 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Sometimes poster, Chicago White Sox, said he’d be happy with this return for Fedde.    If this was a take it or leave it offer on July 30 would you do it?    Is it fair?