Will Heston go on the 15 day DL for any cautionary protocol? If so, bring up Mayo

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even if it's for this weekend if they decide to be cautious with Kjerstad, why not bring Mayo up? I think it makes sense.

Isn’t there a 7 day DL for concussions?

I think when Mayo is promoted, it will be for the long haul. Not a short injury fill-in. 

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Why? Put him on the 7 day and get an extra bat up here for a few days. 

We see guys all the time hurt and not able to play but they don’t IL them because it’s just for a few games.

Now, this is a little different as you can IL him and he is back by the start of next weeks games and he only misses the weekend. 

Im not saying they should do this but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

12 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Why? Put him on the 7 day and get an extra bat up here for a few days. 

They may have to put him in the protocol. I would guess more AB's for Cowser with Stowers called up for the bench. 

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even if it's for this weekend if they decide to be cautious with Kjerstad, why not bring Mayo up? I think it makes sense.

Can we stop with crying about Mayo not being called up in every thread and creating new threads to complain about the same thing over and over?

We are all excited to see Mayo in the majors but Jesus. 

Edited by Roll Tide

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I wonder if Elias isn't bringing up Mayo because he plans to trade him for pitching at the deadline?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Norby is tearing the cover off the ball and you have a lefty going tomorrow.  Norby was also almost called up for Westburg when Soto ran into him.

I’d like to see Noby get an extended look and he’s deserving. Put Westburg at 3B and Norby at 2B.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Stiven Martínez just turned 17 on Thursday, so he’s one of the youngest players in the league as the cutoff is that you must turn 17 by August 31 of the current season in order to sign that year. In that regard he follows Basallo, and Joshua Liranzo as promising DSL prospects who played most of their first season at 16. Martinez’ calling card is his plus, maybe ++, power and a plus, maybe ++, throwing arm.   His weakness is swing and miss.   He’s over 30% this year. He profiles as a RF as long as he doesn’t lose too much speed as he ages and fills out. It certainly looks like he’s punched his ticket to the FCL next spring.
    • Watching Eflin pitch last night reminds me of how a mature, playoff-caliber, veteran pitcher is supposed to look like. The fact that the Orioles have him next year too is fantastic, but with Grayson going down, his presence in the rotation is huge. Basically we'll go into the playoffs with Burnes and Eflin at the top of the rotation giving the team two very good shots to win. After that we need one of Kremer, Suarez or Rogers to step up significantly.
    • I'm not saying letting both walk is a complete failure, but it will certainly be disappointing. Both are going to command top dollar this winter. 
    • I enjoyed our overall performance last night too. Elfin throws strikes and doesnt lose his poise or command.Our defense was solid, and the hitting was dominant. But remember,this is an extremely weak hitting Rays lineup, this may not have been the same kind of game against the Yankees or Red Sox lineup. That said, I was happy with the performance and never felt worried about the outcome, which was a start difference in many games in the last six weeks.
    • This new watered down version of SG is way different. Anyone who’s started posting here since he originally left doesn’t know how good we have it 😂
    • Wait, I was seeing posters scoff at the idea that he needed to adjust his leg kick. Of course they are same ones running victory circles after a small sample size after laughing at the people who made conclusions based on Holliday's first small sample. At the end of the day, the vast majority of posters here thought Holliday was going to be a very good player at some point.  Am I glad to still have him? Sure, especially after Westburg went down so quickly after he was brought back up. Will Holliday give the Orioles a better chance to win a World Series that Skubel over the next two and half years? Maybe? But a young TOR is what this team needed with Bradish down and Burnes questionable after this season. I'll admit though, Eflin has done everything we wouldn't have wanted Skuble to do so far and was had without giving up a top 6 prospect so that was a great job by Elias. You also have to wonder would have the Orioles traded for Eflin if Skubel was acquired? It's a fair statement to say that you'd rather have six years of Holliday instead of two and half of Skubel. But I still believe a TOR is worth more than any one position player.  Of course it sounded like Skubel wasn't available reasonably or maybe at all if some of the reports were accurate, so really this is all hypothetical.  Holliday is on a bit of a heater right now and as was pointed out is hitting ball consistently hard. He certainly appears to be the everyday 2B here for a long time and I don't think anyone is too upset over that.    
    • I’m wondering if this would be specified. I’m hoping for International pool money as well.
  • Popular Contributors