Saturday 7-13-24 Screw the Yankees Game Thread

FlaO'sFan

Ben pregame..."I hope it's over but I have a feeling it's not."

Think I heard Kevin say Heston has gone onto the concussion protocol after being in the line-up initially.

Line-up after the Heston scratch.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Soto runs as fast as Urias and they can't get him? That failure is on the defense, the ball was definitely hit hard enough.

Not turning the DP was a big theme in the Cubs series.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• No,  not really, as Mullins has been slightly worse,  like .500 OPS versus .430 OPS.  Neither one should really be starting with those kind of numbers.   
    • Dodgers had Betts playing SS for a while d/t their regular SS' injury and were just so happy he could play SS.  I don't watch Dodgers games, but I bet there were some plays he didn't make due to his less than adequate arm.  I bet his footwork was better to.  I'm just saying a player's arm is not the end all/be all of an infield position.  I don't see Holliday ever  playing SS for the O's, but if his fundamentals and footwork were sound, he could probably do an adequate job.
    • So you would prefer Mullins vs a LH starter?   Do you know how bad he has been vs lefties?
    • Never would have guessed that about Cleveland. Looking at their recent drafts, they appear to be the anti-Orioles when it comes to draft and dev strategy.
    • Stowers 2 for 32 w/ 16 K's so far for the Marlins.  .229 OPS.  Eerily reminiscent of Holliday's numbers during his first callup.  I was hoping Stowers would take his chance and run with it.  If he doesn't lock down a spot with the Marlins, I'm not sure where else he'll get a chance.  I assume the Marlins will give him a minor league contract next year regardless.
    • His max velocity is not likely to decrease if that’s what you are asking but I do think his average velo will tick down some. Look, I’m not as concerned about the arm at 2nd and will have almost zero concern about it if he ends up in the outfield. I’m simply pointing out things that some folks are making excuses about. The truth is, his defense is not even average right now and I worry more about the other issues that I’ve noted. The throw from Adley to second yesterday, he should have caught that ball or at least kept it from going into center. It was not that bad of a throw but it allowed runners to advance and eventually score. Folks will blame Adley for the throw but JH should have kept it in the infield, if not catching outright. It’s those types of things that I am more worried about with him and not so much the arm at 2B. 
    • Slater is playing way too much.
  • Popular Contributors