2024 16th Round Pick (#489): Nate George - OF - (HS) Minooka Community HS (IL)

Players can be signed for up to $150,000 without it affecting an organization's overall bonus pool.  For any bonus above that mark, the overage beyond $150,000 counts toward the pool.
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

An 80 runner??  Would that make him the fastest guy in the org?

He could give Bradfield a run for their money. However, Nate George appears to be bulking up too.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Tess (12th round) will certainly be overslot if they’re able to sign him. 

His profile doesn’t scream crazy overslot. Maybe 300K. Will be interesting to find out.

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

His profile doesn’t scream crazy overslot. Maybe 300K. Will be interesting to find out.

Tess is a high school senior with a 4.1 GPA and a commitment to Pitt. He was also first team all state at catcher. They’re not buying him out of that for $150,000. I’d be shocked if $300,000 gets it done because the college experience probably has value to a kid that is academically motivated (as he appears to be), but I can’t say that for sure.

Edited by Sydnor
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

He’s a high school senior with a 4.1 GPA and a commitment to Pitt. They’re not buying him out of that for $150,000. I’d be shocked if $300,000 gets it done because the college experience probably has value to a kid that is academically motivated (as he appears to be), but I can’t say that for sure.

Just to clarify, you're not talking about George, right?

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Just to clarify, you're not talking about George, right?

No. Sorry. I’m talking to @Rbiggs2525about Tess because he called George the first overslot of day 3, which I don’t believe is accurate given what I said about Tess. Tess was also the first team all state catcher in Florida high schools in addition to everything else I have said about him. The back in forth should be in the Tess thread, but I’ll edit it for clarity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gurgi said:

This kid will sign.  He removed his commit to a school and plans to go pro now.   

George switched his commitment from Eastern Illinois to Northwest Florida State Junior College. We still should be able to sign him.

George might be one of the fastest players in this year’s class with at least plus-plus speed. He’s shown a quick right-handed swing too, although it hasn’t been tested much against quality pitching yet after the outfielder didn’t play in many showcase events. George switched his commitment to Northwest Florida State Junior College in June and could be signable here for the Orioles.

• Upvote 1