Trading for Tarik Skubal

Greg Pappas

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

If Elias tried to give up Kjerstad for Fedde, a guy who was in KBO last year, he should be fired on the spot. 

I would be shocked but I wouldn't fire Elias on the spot and I don't think the fact Fedde pitched in the KBO last year makes him inferior to other pitchers.  

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I would be shocked but I wouldn't fire Elias on the spot and I don't think the fact Fedde pitched in the KBO last year makes him inferior to other pitchers.  

What about his poor results every other year except this one? It would show incompetent judgment. That’s a good reason to fire someone. That said, I have no reason to think Elias is incompetent so nothing to worry about. 

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I mean that's what I'm saying. There's not a great fit other than Skubal, but it's probably not enough to get it done.

I think if there IS a fit, it's Miller. 

Yeah I could see a Miller trade being headlined by Kjerstad. What’s his status now that he broke his finger? I doubt he gets traded now. 

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Could Kjerstad lead a deal for Miller?

Maybe we could acquire the other starter like Fedder/Snell with a package of players starting below that?

Getz was apparently asking for Jordan Walker+ for Fedde from STL.

Hard to see Elias going that high, I think it would have to come down a decent amount.

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Getz was apparently asking for Jordan Walker+ for Fedde from STL.

Hard to see Elias going that high, I think it would have to come down a decent amount.

If that was the ask for Fedde, what did he want for Crochet? 

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

What about his poor results every other year except this one? It would show incompetent judgment. That’s a good reason to fire someone. That said, I have no reason to think Elias is incompetent so nothing to worry about. 

Well, he won the Cy Young in the KBO and learned how to pitch.  If you buy into that narrative he's at least as valuable as Eflin if not more.   If you think he's going to revert to the Nationals version then he's worthless. 

2 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Will another buyer beat an HK+ offer forcing an Elias decision?  I don't think so.

Sure, but the Tigers have two more years of Skubal and are under no real pressure to trade him. So I think they would just say no thanks and hold onto him at that point. 

2 minutes ago, btownoriole said:

If not then they could hold on to him.  

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sure, but the Tigers have two more years of Skubal and are under no real pressure to trade him. So I think they would just say no thanks and hold onto him at that point. 

Right.  And no competitor gets him for the 2024 final sprint.

3 minutes ago, btownoriole said:

If not then they could hold on to him.  

Yes there is more reason to hold onto him than to trade him. The tigers will have to be blown away a la Soto trade which isn’t going to happen.